Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Release 1.3.4.2

Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Release 1.3.4.2

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Hibernation stopping the service have been fixed

https://www.uvnc.com/downloads/ultravnc ... 3-4-2.html
CPC

Re: Release 1.3.4.2

Post by CPC »

Hello

One minor observation... just regarding file properties. Just pointing out - if there is a need to update this info. I'm looking at 1.3.4.2 32 bit

If you right click on the winvnc.exe and look at the properties...
File version says... "1.3.4.0"
Product versions says... "1.3.4"
and
If you right click on the wvncviewer.exe and look at the properties...
File version says... "1.3.3.0"
Product versions says... "1.3.4.2"

No issues found yet. Testing both viewer and server wrapped in my single click reverse connection app and they seem to be working well.

Thank you for the new version and all those who have contributed to its development.
CPC
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Thanks,
Gonna update the fileversion, some update software with replace only new set could get in trouble
Chesser

Post by Chesser »

Hello!
Another bug found.
If through the "viewer" connect to a PC with a running "server" with the "viewer only" option. Then press the key combination Ctrl+Alt+F3 and go into control mode. Then press again Ctrl+Alt+F3 and switch to the "viewer only" mode. In this case, on the PC with the "server", pressing the button will be simulated Ctrl until either on the PC with the "server" this button is pressed manually, or until the "viewer" closes the viewing window.
esc

Post by esc »

After updating to 1.3.4.2 - I cannot transfer files. I get an error:
File Transfer permission denied: disabled or unknown user or version incompatibility.
- but it worked fine before the update
- file transfer is enabled
- versions are the same on the client and server

- what is an unknown user? after all vnc has no user login with password
SkyBeam

Post by SkyBeam »

Chesser wrote:Hello!
If through the "viewer" connect to a PC with a running "server" with the "viewer only" option. Then press the key combination Ctrl+Alt+F3 and go into control mode. Then press again Ctrl+Alt+F3 and switch to the "viewer only" mode. In this case, on the PC with the "server", pressing the button will be simulated Ctrl until either on the PC with the "server" this button is pressed manually, or until the "viewer" closes the viewing window.
I think it's not the first time this gets reported. Actually I believe CTRL+Alt keys are "stuck" after pressing CTRL+Alt+F3 in the viewer. The reason is simple:
  • User pressing CTRL, viewer sends "CTRL down" event to server
  • User pressing Alt, viewer sends "Alt down" event to server
  • User pressing F3, viewer catches key combination and goes into view-only mode
  • User releasing CTRL+Alt+F3 keys, since viewer is in read-only mode it won't send "key up" events to the server
A solution would be that the viewer is releasing all key modifiers right before going into read-only mode.
SkyBeam

Post by SkyBeam »

esc wrote:After updating to 1.3.4.2 - I cannot transfer files. I get an error
I don't have a solution but just tested a server running as service and a viewer both on version 1.3.4.2 and have been able to successfully transfer files.
Perhaps a change inside the auth code might cause the issue for you. Now the new viewer is printing a warning if there is no authentication and you're connecting to unauthenticated server. So you might want to make sure there is proper authentication (at least a password set). I personally use mslogin2 module. No issues with file transfers discovered yet.
esc

Post by esc »

Yes that's right. I did nothing and now it works ... Strange.

Are there any pluses of mslogin compared to using SecureVNCPlugin64.dsm and a stronger password in it?
SkyBeam

Post by SkyBeam »

esc wrote:Are there any pluses of mslogin compared to using SecureVNCPlugin64.dsm and a stronger password in it?
Mslogin is rather compared and alternatively used to a plain VNC password. The advantage is that it authenticates against a Windows system or domain user account. So you can manage the user on system or domain level including its password and permissions rather than to have maintaining the UVNC configuration.

SecureVNCPlugin is actually handling the transport encryption. So strictly speaking it's not doing authentication but rather securing the communication channel only. So both are actually independent. You can run with encrypted communication only but not asking the user for any authentication. But this means if VNC server is accepting also unencrypted connections you might be able to connect without any username/password given (no authentiction). If transport encryption is strictly required and involves some shared secret on server and client side, then it might be safe too as both parties need to know the keys. But I would consider this to be more weak than actually enforcing real authentication on top of encrypted communication channel.
esc

Post by esc »

Yes, I understand. I have been using ultravnc for about 10 years but last year I had a bad case with a password. I used the normal password from the program. I knew it was saved in a file but I didn't know it was that easy to decode. Many people have access to the remote computer, so I thought that if someone changed the password, I would know quickly - because I would not log in. But someone did not change them, but decoded them - and used some time. And here was the problem. The same thing can happen with a windows account - having access to the computer. Someone can create a new account simply. Therefore, it seems to me that in my case the password from SecureVNCPlugin64.dsm will not be so easy or decodable. I hope.
arauser

Post by arauser »

Please upload msi files. We are deploying UltraVNS in several large organizations. Installation with tsi is very convenient
Quader

Post by Quader »

Hopefully the right place to post, if not please move where it belongs.
We are using the latest Version of UVNC.

Hello, i hope someone has experienced the same problem and has an answer.

i have 3 network outposts with 20 "Windows 10" clients in each.
in every network i have a fritzbox 7490 and portforwarding to 3 "clients" with your uvnc server running as a service.

everything runs good since 3 years, until a few weeks ago when we realized it doesn't work anymore, (and i think this is the thing) Windows made updates.

since then it works only inside the network to connect but not from the outside, except for 1 client who
i cut from Windows Updates, it is still on Updates from 08.2021 which work, but every newer Windows
does not connect anymore from the outside.
In the same network 2 other Updated Clients do not work anymore, so i don't think it was a Fritzbox Update.
We also have a Lan-Lan VPN, there it also doesn't work between those two.

The failure is simple, it does not find the Server when coming from outside (Timeout). Same System with internal IP in the same network works.

My Setting is from "Server" to "Client":

"Remote Server" is Windows 10 newest Updates, Solid IP Adress, Windows Firewall has UVNC and Port excluded
-> Fritzbox 7490 (Server Side), Portforwarding to IP and Port of Client, the port is in one case 2020 which is not needed else, i also use the Secure Plugin but have also tested without.
-> Dyndns Service (payed)
-> Fritzbox 7490 (Client Side)
-> Client UVNC with "dyndns-adress::2020" and Secure Plugin enabled

I tried newest builds and older ones to check if it relates on uvnc but it is the same.

Maybe Windows/Microsoft has disabled something so uvnc is now useless.
Before i invest in VPN Routers, to be inside the network where it works,
i thought i write here, maybe someone knows how to fix this.

thank you
szymon.nowak

Post by szymon.nowak »

Quader wrote:Hopefully the right place to post, if not please move where it belongs.
We are using the latest Version of UVNC.

Hello, i hope someone has experienced the same problem and has an answer.

i have 3 network outposts with 20 "Windows 10" clients in each.
in every network i have a fritzbox 7490 and portforwarding to 3 "clients" with your uvnc server running as a service.

everything runs good since 3 years, until a few weeks ago when we realized it doesn't work anymore, (and i think this is the thing) Windows made updates.

since then it works only inside the network to connect but not from the outside, except for 1 client who
i cut from Windows Updates, it is still on Updates from 08.2021 which work, but every newer Windows
does not connect anymore from the outside.
In the same network 2 other Updated Clients do not work anymore, so i don't think it was a Fritzbox Update.
We also have a Lan-Lan VPN, there it also doesn't work between those two.

The failure is simple, it does not find the Server when coming from outside (Timeout). Same System with internal IP in the same network works.

My Setting is from "Server" to "Client":

"Remote Server" is Windows 10 newest Updates, Solid IP Adress, Windows Firewall has UVNC and Port excluded
-> Fritzbox 7490 (Server Side), Portforwarding to IP and Port of Client, the port is in one case 2020 which is not needed else, i also use the Secure Plugin but have also tested without.
-> Dyndns Service (payed)
-> Fritzbox 7490 (Client Side)
-> Client UVNC with "dyndns-adress::2020" and Secure Plugin enabled

I tried newest builds and older ones to check if it relates on uvnc but it is the same.

Maybe Windows/Microsoft has disabled something so uvnc is now useless.
Before i invest in VPN Routers, to be inside the network where it works,
i thought i write here, maybe someone knows how to fix this.

thank you
first check if you can connect to the VNC server in the local network using the IPV4 address
Quader

Post by Quader »

After getting Windows Updates again today, UVNC works again.
I have tested a before/after Test with all the Clients that didn't work before the Update now work again.
Something that was Updated from MS was blocking between the last two weeks, nothing else has changed in the meantime.

Thanks to all for your time :thumbs:

PS: btw the Captcha Code is not good you barely can see it so one post needs up to 10 captchas because of unreadable...
ma3252788

Post by ma3252788 »

Hello, everyone. I'm using this version. I found a problem. When I open "toggle remote input and remote blank monitor", there is no response. What should I do?

I was going to disable server input and have a black screen. But it didn't work.
ma3252788

Post by ma3252788 »

Quader wrote:After getting Windows Updates again today, UVNC works again.
I have tested a before/after Test with all the Clients that didn't work before the Update now work again.
Something that was Updated from MS was blocking between the last two weeks, nothing else has changed in the meantime.

Thanks to all for your time :thumbs:

PS: btw the Captcha Code is not good you barely can see it so one post needs up to 10 captchas because of unreadable...
Yes, the Captcha Code is hard to see..

Can only update Windows solve this problem? I don't really want to update my system. Is there any other way besides updating the system?

The ver of my system is 18363.1440
WoodyWoody

Post by WoodyWoody »

ma3252788 wrote:Hello, everyone. I'm using this version. I found a problem. When I open "toggle remote input and remote blank monitor", there is no response. What should I do?

I was going to disable server input and have a black screen. But it didn't work.
Interesting. I have a couple members on the IT team that once they upgraded to the newest 1.3.4.2, they can't remote into any computers without a black screen after typing their creds. They go back to 1.3.2 no issues.

Also did anyone else notice the spelling mistake under security section for the viewer. "Ingnore no encryption warning (listener mode)"
mrbogus

Post by mrbogus »

I upgraded to 1.3.4.2 and now when I log into my Windows 7 UVNC server with a mobile device I get this blue pointer icon in the upper left of the screen.

Is there any way to disable this and keep the icon from appearing?
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

Does development version 1.3.5.0 behave better ?
https://forum.uvnc.com/viewtopic.php?p=110168
WoodyWoody

Post by WoodyWoody »

Rudi De Vos wrote: 2021-11-15 12:35 Does development version 1.3.5.0 behave better ?
viewtopic.php?p=110168
Totally fixed our weird black screen issue! Thank you so much!
cz_acs

Post by cz_acs »

Hello all,
I have a question concerning the warning message when connecting with the VNC Viewer to a Server:

Code: Select all

"Accept server without authentification"
The Server has been setup without authentification, do you trust this server?
Since the server is not managed by us, my question is now if there is any chance to deactivate this warning message?

Thank you
regards
Christian
Rudi De Vos
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by Rudi De Vos »

You only can disable this when the viewer wait foe an incoming connection.
Viewer ->Options->Security [v] Ignore no encryption warning (listener mode)