Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

SCBuilder 2009 (based on 1.0.5.3) Vista Compatible

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
NiTr0

SCBuilder 2009 (based on 1.0.5.3) Vista Compatible

Post by NiTr0 »

Updated 25/01/2009

Release: SCBuilder 2009 v1.0 Beta 2 by NiTr0 (based on UltraVNC v1.0.5.3)

This tool will build the server/viewer for you!

Screenshot of progress:

Server Tab:
- LAN/WAN buttons: will automaticly get and insert your lan or wan ip adress.
- Disable Vista's Aero: temporary turn off aero
- Remove Wallpaper: temporary turn off the background wallpaper
- Repeater ID: for use with the repeater program, visit the UltraVNC website for more info
- Balloon Tip: shows a small message when the server executes
- Build: build the server.exe

Profile Tab:
- Select Buttons: Here you can rename the text of the buttons
- ID: Only use with the repeater program
- Info Box: Change this to your needs
- Disable/Enable Button: Turn profile support on or off
* When finished, please go back to the Server tab to build the Profile enabled server.exe

Misc Tab:
Misc Tab (most options apply to server):
- Use MSRC4 Plugin: this enables the dsm plugin for encrypted connection between server and viewer, this applies to both server and viewer
- Generate a new key: this will generate a new 128-bit key
- Run @ User Level: this will run the server at user level, and does not require admin rights. But this will not work on Vista if UAC is enabled
- Run @ Service Level: this will run the server as a service, but in this case admin rights are needed. This option runs great on Vista with UAC enabled. You can also use MSLogon to log off or login a user account.
- Confirm Dialog-Box: if enabled this will show a warning message when the server is executed, so the customer can deside to reject the connection
- Web Downloader: this will build a 300KB small executable which will download a file from a website and silently execute the downloaded file. *Currently disabled for this release*

*When finished, please go to the server or viewer tab to build the *.exe with these options

Viewer Tab:
- Use UPNP: not working yet…
- Listening port: standard set on 5500
- Build: builds the viewer.exe
- Unfortunatly the viewer doesn't accept the -parameter options like encoding and colors etc. Maybe in the future when this is possible I will add those options as well

Extra info:
- Both server and viewer will clean themself on exit, so there are no left overs in the Temp folder
- The server will automaticly reconnect to the viewer when connection is lost, or the viewer was closed.
- The server will startup and reconnect to the viewer after reboot/login. (depends on run level)
- You can log off/on windows users if the server runs as a service. The windows logon screen will be visible.

Once the viewer is executed it will listen on the given port and you can access the viewer options just like normal via the tray-icon.

Once the server is executed it will run an icon in the system tray with the following options:
Exit = Stops the server, the server will automaticly startup on reboot and reconnect to the viewer.
Uninstall = Stops the server and removes all the server files from Temp folder. Also a messagebox will be displayed showing the user UltraVNC has been removed form their computer.

Download SCBuilder 2009 v1.0 Beta 2

To do:
- UPNP to automaticly forward the viewer port
- Bug fixes
- ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old stuff:

UltraVNC Single Click Launcher v1.0 by NiTr0 2008 (based on UltraVNC v1.0.5.2)

A *real* single click solution for UltraVNC with autostart, autoreconnect, encryption and Windows Vista Compatible!

The server will run an icon in the system tray with the following options:
Stop = Stops the server, the server will autostart after reboot/login.
Uninstall = Stops the server and removes all the server files from Temp folder.

Howto, Server:
1. Basicly all you have to do is edit the server-script.au3 file with notepad and change the ip adress to your own ip adress.
2. Run compile-server.bat to build the winvnc-sc.exe
3. Send it to your customers.

Howto, Viewer:
1. Run compile-viewer.bat to build the vncviewer-sc.exe
2. Make sure you have port 5500 forwarded in your router/firewall.
3. Run vncviewer-sc.exe to start listening for server connections.

Download: (these files are obsolete)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5W4WY3D

Thanks to the forum members Caramel & xcezzz for their code snipests!
Last edited by NiTr0 on 2009-06-01 01:39, edited 29 times in total.
VNCFreak

Re: SC v1.0.5.2 with autostart & autoreconnect. Works on

Post by VNCFreak »

Thanks Nitro! Looks very easy to setup & implement.

One problem... when I run 'Compile-Server.cmd' I get an error with this popup window:

Code: Select all

Aut2Exe Error
Error: Error opening the destination file.
OK
I also get this error when running 'Compile-Viewer.cmd'.

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Thanks
twagner

Post by twagner »

Hi NiTr0,

great stuff, great idea, great work, thanks a lot.

But I`ve found two limits. The AutoIT Script don`t work under XP Prof. SP3 (german). I´ve tested.

And under XP SP 2 (german) you must change the command upx compressor from version 3.01 to 3.03, than it works great. You can found it under http://upx.sourceforge.net/

On this step you can implement native language winvnc.exe file, too. :-D

You can find the complete new english archiv, i hope it`s in your mind, http://www.vnc-world.com/_download/_buc ... 081103.rar

by

twagner
Die Welt geht Remote . . . . / the World goes remote . . . .
www.vnc-world.com
Writer of the first book about UltraVNC!!!
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

Thanks for pointing things out !

I updated the upx.exe to v3.03 and repacked the archive and re-uploaded it to megaupload.com.

Somehow compile-server & compile-viewer had the *.cmd extension,
now I changed this back to *.bat and it should be fine now.

Anyways, I succesfully compiled the files "as is" on a few different machines with Windows XP Pro SP3 Dutch and English editions,
and also on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1 Dutch edition. All machines are up to date.

The only reason I can think of why one can't compile the files, is if the structure of the folders and files are changed. Please leave the files in place.
Or perhaps a antivirus software preventing the use of upx.exe, in this case try to disable your antivirus and see if it helps.

Also run windows update, and make sure you are logged in with admin rights before compiling the scripts.

I hope this helps.
twagner

Post by twagner »

hallo NiTr0,

thanks for the answer, but i´ve used admin rights and i`ve the right privilegs for the folders. I can not use XP SP3 because i use software who have problems with it. But clients with XP Prof. SP3 i`ve the same problems than ours before. It works with upx 3.0.3 very good.

thanks and bye

twagner
www.vnc-world.com
twagner

Post by twagner »

Hi NiTr0,

i`ve used your software in practice an there are two thinks who disturb the good mind of your program.
At first after finished the sever with the option "uninstall" i can find the program in the temp folder, only the DSM 1.2.2 plugin, rc4.key and the cad.exe are cleared.
And in the second after finished the viewer i`ve found the viewer in the temp folder too, but with the DSM plugin an used rc4.key. I think this could be a security risk. Please, don`t misunderstand me. I only want to optimice your good solution. Do you can fix it so that no rests where found in the temp folder after finishing the uvnc session?

thanks and bye

twagner
www.vnc-world.com
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

twagner wrote:Hi NiTr0,

i`ve used your software in practice an there are two thinks who disturb the good mind of your program.
At first after finished the sever with the option "uninstall" i can find the program in the temp folder, only the DSM 1.2.2 plugin, rc4.key and the cad.exe are cleared.
And in the second after finished the viewer i`ve found the viewer in the temp folder too, but with the DSM plugin an used rc4.key. I think this could be a security risk. Please, don`t misunderstand me. I only want to optimice your good solution. Do you can fix it so that no rests where found in the temp folder after finishing the uvnc session?

thanks and bye

twagner
Hi twagner,

Thanks for helping, I really appreciate!

I am aware of this and gonna try to fix it, sometimes it clears all the files and sometimes it doesn't. I think this is due to winvnc.exe is still in use and needs some time to close down before the delete function clears the temp folder.

For the viewer this isn't a problem because it is run on your local machine, and there for no security risk for the dsm and key files.

Edit: I fixed the server launcher. It now stops winvnc.exe and waits for 10 seconds to delete the complete temp folder. :-)

Download link updated!
Last edited by NiTr0 on 2008-11-04 11:58, edited 2 times in total.
twagner

Post by twagner »

hi NiTr0,

the viewer is a problem, because i work as a admin for the support of more then 35 server so i mutate to a portable "software freak" :wink: and need my useful programs by usb stick, i think your softwaresolution in the future too. So i´m not allways on the same client/server. (I will create a viewer for all clients and server i will work for.) You understand what i mean. It would be great if you can delete the temp files on the temp folder for the viewer too.
For Server: Do you can code a timesequence for 2000 till 4000 ms after finishing the winvnc.exe server ??? It`s only a idea, i mean
Because you have the same problem in the viewer too, while i use the first vncviewer for port 5500 it`s works fine and then i want to change to the vncviewer with an other port i have made on the same client, they don`t want to start.
I will use the first vncviewer for the LAN support and the
second vncviewer for WAN support with ISP IP adress. (Sorry for my english :-] )

bye

twagner
www.vnc-world.com
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

twagner wrote:hi NiTr0,

the viewer is a problem, because i work as a admin for the support of more then 35 server so i mutate to a portable "software freak" :wink: and need my useful programs by usb stick, i think your softwaresolution in the future too. So i´m not allways on the same client/server. (I will create a viewer for all clients and server i will work for.) You understand what i mean. It would be great if you can delete the temp files on the temp folder for the viewer too.
For Server: Do you can code a timesequence for 2000 till 4000 ms after finishing the winvnc.exe server ??? It`s only a idea, i mean
Because you have the same problem in the viewer too, while i use the first vncviewer for port 5500 it`s works fine and then i want to change to the vncviewer with an other port i have made on the same client, they don`t want to start.
I will use the first vncviewer for the LAN support and the
second vncviewer for WAN support with ISP IP adress. (Sorry for my english :-] )

bye

twagner
I think I understand you my friend :-) I will try and code the viewer so that it will also be deleted from temp folder after you stop the viewer.

And if u want a lan and wan viewer, u simply edit the $port the same way as u edit the server ip.. but now u also have to edit the port in the viewer-script and recompile the viewer. But make sure the viewer and server ports are the same. I hope this is what u mean :-)
twagner

Post by twagner »

of course you hit it by 95%, in the LAN i will use the Port 5500 so i want to use viewer No 1, for the WAN i want use Port 62319 for example. For this i will create a vncviewer No 2 and yes i know where i can edit the port in the viewer-script an i must do it for server too. When u ask for why i need an other port for WAN connections its very simple. We have a lot of volunteers here in the company and they don`t know that vnc can use an other port than 5900 or 5500. :wink: :D (thats the reason why i´m a admin an there volunteers 8) )

thanks a lot for your work and great help

twagner
www.vnc-world.com
Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick »

Hey really nice NiTr0, is there any way we can get this to work with the UltraVNC repeater?

I.E. have a list of names stored in HELPDESK.TXT?
VNCFreak

Post by VNCFreak »

NiTr0 wrote:Thanks for pointing things out !

I updated the upx.exe to v3.03 and repacked the archive and re-uploaded it to megaupload.com.

The only reason I can think of why one can't compile the files, is if the structure of the folders and files are changed. Please leave the files in place.
Or perhaps a antivirus software preventing the use of upx.exe, in this case try to disable your antivirus and see if it helps.

Also run windows update, and make sure you are logged in with admin rights before compiling the scripts.
Thanks again NiTr0. I just gave it a whirl now, and the compile-server worked just fine, but the compile-viewer gave me the same error.

I haven't changed any paths - just extracted the folder from the rar, edited the .au3 file and ran the .bat files.

I also tried disabling my antivirus (AVG), but it made no difference. And I do have admin rights. Any other ideas?

Cheers
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

Dr_StrangeTrick wrote:Hey really nice NiTr0, is there any way we can get this to work with the UltraVNC repeater?

I.E. have a list of names stored in HELPDESK.TXT?
Hi

I think this would be possible, and I will try to implement this in a few days. I will add this into a GUI for easy setup ;-)

Thanks for the tip !
NiTr0

Post by NiTr0 »

VNCFreak wrote:
NiTr0 wrote:Thanks for pointing things out !

Thanks again NiTr0. I just gave it a whirl now, and the compile-server worked just fine, but the compile-viewer gave me the same error.

I haven't changed any paths - just extracted the folder from the rar, edited the .au3 file and ran the .bat files.

I also tried disabling my antivirus (AVG), but it made no difference. And I do have admin rights. Any other ideas?

Cheers
Hmm it seems you can compile the server now, and it should also work for the viewer..

Did you try and re-download the files? I made some changes to the scripts, perhaps it fixed the problem.

Lots of people are able to compile the files, so im afraid the problem lays on your side. I am sorry, but I can't think of any reasons why it won't work.
VNCFreak

Post by VNCFreak »

NiTr0 wrote:Hmm it seems you can compile the server now, and it should also work for the viewer..

Did you try and re-download the files? I made some changes to the scripts, perhaps it fixed the problem.

Lots of people are able to compile the files, so im afraid the problem lays on your side. I am sorry, but I can't think of any reasons why it won't work.
Okay,... strange, but I tried restarting my PC and then running the compile-viewer and it worked just fine. Dunno why... but at least it compiled!

I should get some time later today to test this out. Thanks again!
Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick »

I will add this into a GUI for easy setup
You are a superstar
mcutting

Post by mcutting »

Some great work here - I'd also like to see the ability to have an SC like interface using helpdesk.txt.

As an additional feature request, is it possible to kill the VNC server when the viewer disconnects, like SC does ?

Thanks
datarunner

Post by datarunner »

hi there

sorry for the noob questions buddy but ive followed your instructions, uploaded winvnc-sc.exe up to my server

started vncviewer-sc

but clients cannot connect over the web

as a matter of interest im using n0-ip and put my local lan ip into the server script - is this correct?

regards
datarunner

Post by datarunner »

hi there

got it

just had to replace ip address with my n0-ip address

works perfect and NO "This connection is not encrypted" message which reassures people better

brilliant
xcezzz

Post by xcezzz »

niceee. you obviously have more time than I.

:-D

:-D thx for the creds :-D
ilexius

Post by ilexius »

Thanks for this nice version! Screen refreshes are fast, it's great!

I have only one problem with UAC: As soon as the UAC dialog pops up, the viewer is disconnected.

Any ideas how to solve this? Or is this a known issue in this version?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Sebastian

http://www.ilexius.de
ilexius

Post by ilexius »

I have changed the version a little bit. Now it runs as a service and works with UAC. If anyone is interested I will post a link.
mcwtim

Post by mcwtim »

ilexius wrote:I have changed the version a little bit. Now it runs as a service and works with UAC. If anyone is interested I will post a link.
Please do.
pilotsnipes

Post by pilotsnipes »

yes please that would be very kind!
uvuser

Post by uvuser »

ilexius wrote:I have changed the version a little bit. Now it runs as a service and works with UAC. If anyone is interested I will post a link.
That would be great.

Does this mean that the remote user will be able to see and respond to the UAC prompts or, better still, deactivate UAC for the duration of the session ?

UAC seems to be the only thing stopping this from becoming the definitive remote tool.

Many thanks fo all your work.
lupick

Post by lupick »

Dear All

I've some issue:

1. Is it possible to have different profile on the server like the original SC? E.g. one profile for a technician a second one for another one. I can always create 2 different server pointing to 2 different viewer but a single server is a cleaner solution.

2. the server ask for admin right for non admin user. can we disable it?? Most of the client are used by non admin user.

Thank you it seeems relly promising tool.

Thank you

L.
theFATangel

Post by theFATangel »

Somewhat tangential, but by using TweakUAC I have UAC still enabled but operating in silent mode. You can confirm that it is operational because when UAC is completely disabled, Internet Explorer runs with protected mode disabled. When UAC is silent, IE runs with protected mode enabled, implying that UAC safety features are still active, but user prompts are disabled.
"Everyone, cools off from bein’ hot it's about if you can handle bein’ cold or not." - Posdnuos [De La Soul]
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

you should search the forums for sc-manual ... it has a simple GUI for manual ip+port ... writen in autoit also ...

may help with one of your to-dos ...
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
mudputty

Post by mudputty »

THIS IS GREAT!!! This is exactly what the SC project needs. I offer my praise to a job well done! Whatever I can do to help your development along let me know. I can offer testing and some bandwidth if needed.

Repeater support would be wonderful, and I see that you have it in your "To-Do" list as well as a GUI front end; nice! I have a setup running right now at work using a repeater, but I could never get the SSL portion to work. I look forward to your next release.
datarunner

Post by datarunner »

hi all

anyone got a solution to the UAC problem yet?

regards