Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Remote Access Control (Anouncing FREE 50-Port version)!!!

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
Robin

Re: Remote Access Control - Vista Compatible

Post by Robin »

just found a small "flaw" in the setup.exe program for Vista...Now fixed!
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-17 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
networkn

Post by networkn »

Robin wrote:just found a small "flaw" in the setup.exe program for Vista...Now fixed!
Hi There!

Can I create it so it always disables aero and uac automatically? Does the UAC disable require a reboot for the client before I can connect?
lylee

Post by lylee »

Hi Robin. I downloaded the new build and ran it on a XP machine to build. I notice now when it runs it first prompts to disable UAC & Areo, and open port 5500 before the client clicks on run server. Is there any way you can make the builder to have check box options to enable this "pre" interface before running the server? I know people that I send it to would have no clue what to do with this. Maybe on the other hand for some it might be just perfect.....sorry, not trying to make you do more work!
Robin

Post by Robin »

networkn wrote:
Robin wrote:just found a small "flaw" in the setup.exe program for Vista...Now fixed!
Hi There!

Can I create it so it always disables aero and uac automatically? Does the UAC disable require a reboot for the client before I can connect?
Unfortunately, every time you make a change to the UAC, you HAVE to restart the system as that's how Windows works. If the UAC of the client is already disabled, fair, then you dint need a re-boot...otherwise, unfortunately, yes.
Another reason why i want the client/customer to disable UAC them selfs, is just imagine they DONT want UAC to be permanently disabled and don't know how to Enable it again? This way, you and your customers are safe, and NO fingers will point in your direction if something happens to their PC. For Example, its easy for them to blame YOU and say "Yes, we received a virus after X-days because UAC was not ON...See what i mean? :)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-18 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
lylee

Post by lylee »

Understood. Maybe you can read the registry value and show a dialog box to reverse whatever it is set to. That way we don't need to ask the client first if it is enabled or disabled as the program will know....
Robin

Post by Robin »

lylee wrote:Understood. Maybe you can read the registry value and show a dialog box to reverse whatever it is set to. That way we don't need to ask the client first if it is enabled or disabled as the program will know....
sorry, i was busy ammending my post above. Even if i did the Registry change...you still have to ask the client to reboot...but let me think about it :)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-18 06:51, edited 3 times in total.
lylee

Post by lylee »

Another reason why i want the client/customer to disable UAC them selfs, is just imagine they DONT want UAC to be permanently disabled and don't know how to Enable it again? This way, you and your customers are safe, and NO fingers will point in your direction if something happens to their PC. For Example, its easy for them to blame YOU and say "Yes, we received a virus after X-days because UAC was not ON...See what i mean? :)
Got it, you have a good point on this. Too bad there is not a way that after the client clicks on disable UAC for example it writes to a file or something, and they reboot, and upon re-running the client, after the VNC server is closed, it reads this file and reverses the changes the user selected.
Robin

Post by Robin »

lylee wrote:
Got it, you have a good point on this. Too bad there is not a way that after the client clicks on disable UAC for example it writes to a file or something, and they reboot, and upon re-running the client, after the VNC server is closed, it reads this file and reverses the changes the user selected.
Lol...Nothing is impossable...It CAN be done, but that would mean i have to re-adjust my current code, and that will take time. Come on Lylee...you have to ask your customer to re-start anyways, just ask them to disable the UAC...At the end of the day, they might even like it and leave it as is...
Hoof_Arted

Post by Hoof_Arted »

Robin, this is my first post to this forum, and I joined just so I could tell you that your app ROCKS!!!! :-D

One note that I don't think was brought up within this thread is that the Aero in Vista must be turned off AFTER reboot (rebooting re-enables the service)--at least that's what I've come across. So the proper procedure/sequence would be:

1. Turn off UAC
2. Reboot
3. Disable Aero

Also, how do I make a Helpdesk.exe file without the "Extra Settings" (for a purely XP environment)? I know there's the online compiler, but I'd rather do it offline.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Hoof_Arted wrote:Robin, this is my first post to this forum, and I joined just so I could tell you that your app ROCKS!!!! :-D

One note that I don't think was brought up within this thread is that the Aero in Vista must be turned off AFTER reboot (rebooting re-enables the service)--at least that's what I've come across. So the proper procedure/sequence would be:

1. Turn off UAC
2. Reboot
3. Disable Aero

Also, how do I make a Helpdesk.exe file without the "Extra Settings" (for a purely XP environment)? I know there's the online compiler, but I'd rather do it offline.
thx for the compliment and info Hoof_Arted, its guys like you that make us keep the proggies alive :) I have ammended the Help Me.txt file as you just mentioned ;)...The EXTRA SETTINGS is embedded in the helpdesk file to help your customer...It was added as a lot of folks didnt know how to turn off AERO and UAC, but there IS a workaround to your question...This is how you turn EXTRA SETTINGS off --->

(Done in RAC's Directory)
1) Rename setup.exe to setup.bak
2) Rename Main.exe to Setup.exe
3) Compile the file as usual...

Afterwards, if you STILL need the extra settings, just rename everything back as it was.
As soon as i get some time. i'll try to add an option for the guys to "dissable" the extra settings.
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-28 07:33, edited 12 times in total.
Hoof_Arted

Post by Hoof_Arted »

Robin, that fix worked perfectly--Thank you! The Extra Settings is very convenient for ANY Vista user, no matter their tech level. I mean, clicking one button vs. navigating to services, etc. and doing everything manually--It's a beautiful thing! I've used it in the outside world with great results; however, the PCs I'll be servicing at work are all XP, and that's one less thing that will confuse the user.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to run the viewer in listener mode without running RemoteAccessControl.exe. I want the helpdesk personnel to be able to run the listener, but not create new Helpdesk.exe, etc. Of course I can run listener mode on UNVC that I have installed on my computer, but I'd like to run it without installation, as your "Run Listener" button does. So my question is, what happens when I hit the Run Listener button? How can I recreate that? I don't see an option for Listener when I click on vncviewer.exe. It's got to be simple, right? I know I'm just missing something.

Thanks for your help--I hope this isn't an ultra-lame question!
Robin

Post by Robin »

Hoof_Arted wrote:Robin, that fix worked perfectly--Thank you! The Extra Settings is very convenient for ANY Vista user, no matter their tech level. I mean, clicking one button vs. navigating to services, etc. and doing everything manually--It's a beautiful thing! I've used it in the outside world with great results; however, the PCs I'll be servicing at work are all XP, and that's one less thing that will confuse the user.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to run the viewer in listener mode without running RemoteAccessControl.exe. I want the helpdesk personnel to be able to run the listener, but not create new Helpdesk.exe, etc. Of course I can run listener mode on UNVC that I have installed on my computer, but I'd like to run it without installation, as your "Run Listener" button does. So my question is, what happens when I hit the Run Listener button? How can I recreate that? I don't see an option for Listener when I click on vncviewer.exe. It's got to be simple, right? I know I'm just missing something.

Thanks for your help--I hope this isn't an ultra-lame question!
Actually if you read the forum, you'll get your answer...but here it is anyways. Just "edit" the vncviewer.exe "icon" on your Desktop and change the "Target"-line to vncviewer.exe -listen (For NORMAL mode)
and vncviewer.exe -listen -dsmplugin MSRC4Plugin.dsm (for "Encrypted" mode)

PS: just remember...The person running the "Viewer" wil have control of the OTHER computer...dont get confused, hey!...and also, remember RAC can only do ONE connection at the moment...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-29 05:31, edited 5 times in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

New version added...Now has the abbility for you to choose if you want a Vista(825kb) or XP(543kb) helpdesk.exe.
See beginning of thread for new downloads...
Hoof_Arted

Post by Hoof_Arted »

Robin--You're awesome! Will you be updating the portable version too? That's the one I use.

I also discovered another nifty little trick. If you want to create different versions of the Client file (using different icons, XP and Vista versions, etc.) while using the same viewer and key, simply remove Crypto.exe from the folder when creating the Client file. Renaming it to Crypto.bak would probably also do the trick. This will also enable you to run the viewer on different computers and not have to worry about updating the keys whenever you update the Client file. Make sense?
and also, remember RAC can only do ONE connection at the moment...
Are you sure? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but I had two computers connected to my viewer the other day with no problem (two separate sessions at the same time). I was using the installed version of viewer, maybe that's the difference.
Last edited by Hoof_Arted on 2009-04-29 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Hoof_Arted wrote: Will you be updating the portable version too? That's the one I use.
...already updated. You can re-download the latest from links in beginning of this thread.
I also discovered another nifty little trick. If you want to create different versions of the Client file (using different icons, XP and Vista versions, etc.) while using the same viewer and key, simply remove Crypto.exe from the folder when creating the Client file. Renaming it to Crypto.bak would probably also do the trick. This will also enable you to run the viewer on different computers and not have to worry about updating the keys whenever you update the Client file. Make sense?
Yep....that's normal...I just did the "change" thingy so ppl are more secure...

and also, remember RAC can only do ONE connection at the moment...
Are you sure? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but I had two computers connected to my viewer the other day with no problem (two separate sessions at the same time). I was using the installed version of viewer, maybe that's the difference.
I was talking about RAC tool...not Uvnc SC files in general :)
Btw, im busy ammending RAC to have 5 additional connections...just little "hick-ups" here and there...but will let you know as soon as it's ready ;)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-01 16:22, edited 5 times in total.
Robin

Re: Remote Access Control - FREEWARE FOR LIFE!

Post by Robin »

After 2 days of battling, i finaly got RAC to work in "Safe" mode...will release as soon as it's fully tested ;)
At the moment it uses 1 connection in Safe mode only...more will be added...

UPDATED version now availible...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-04 13:50, edited 2 times in total.
Robin

Re: Remote Access Control - FREEWARE!

Post by Robin »

NEW VERSION WITH FULL VISTA "SAFE MODE" SUPPORT
===NOW AVAILIBLE FOR DOWNLOAD!===
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-05 17:00, edited 2 times in total.
Hoof_Arted

Post by Hoof_Arted »

Robin, this app just gets better and better! I am in awe of your talent! :D
Matts

Post by Matts »

This is great !

Is this going to be GPL so we can help out on our own ?
Robin

Post by Robin »

Matts wrote:This is great !

Is this going to be GPL so we can help out on our own ?
It's not GPL, but "freeware" and gets advertised all over the net...RAC started off as a very "simple" program but grew over time to become quite powerfull...
(It still has some "minor" bugs here and there though)
You may chop and change as you want, or even add the "modules" ( the standalone exe's) to your own programs, as long as it doesnt interfere with the original coding...
Suggestions are welcome...Also, if ppl need "standalone" utilities (That might help the RAC-tool), you are welcome to compile your own and we can even add it in this thread as long as it has been tested and proven NOT to be a virus ( *joke *)---but it WILL be tested first though---

RAC still needs a lot of attention and I'm trying to make it one of the best remote-tools out there :)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-06 05:45, edited 4 times in total.
drvlaming

Post by drvlaming »

Updated to latest version: McAfee Enterprise foud virusses in both
vistarunner and vistarunner2.
When you give me a 'normal' e-mail address i will send you the logging to prove.
Greetzs
DrVlaming :(
Robin

Post by Robin »

drvlaming wrote:Updated to latest version: McAfee Enterprise foud virusses in both
When you give me a 'normal' e-mail address i will send you the logging to prove.
Greetzs
lol...its NOT a virus but a program compiled with a "script" program...you can ignore, or download the latest version...This happens when a scripter obfuscated (encrypted) a program...The one thats availible is un-obfuscated ;)
Ill upload 2 vistarunner thats NOT obfuscated...gimme 5 min :D
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-07 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
drvlaming

Post by drvlaming »

Robin wrote:
drvlaming wrote:Updated to latest version: McAfee Enterprise foud virusses in both
Greetzs
lol...its NOT a virus but a program compiled with a "script" program...you can ignore, or download the latest version...This happens when a scripter obfuscated (encrypted) a program...The one thats availible is un-obfuscated ;)
Ill upload 2 vistarunner thats NOT obfuscated...gimme 5 min :D
OK i understand and can exclude these in McAfee; but my customers (friends) don't get it en won't trust me. Waiting for the 'better' files.
Thanks for responding so quick.
YS :)
DrVlaming
sbostedor

Post by sbostedor »

Why is this same post being reposted over and over again? It's flooding my inbox.
Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
Super Simple UltraVNC Management
Robin

Post by Robin »

VistaRunner 1 and 2 added...
drvlaming

Post by drvlaming »

Robin wrote:VistaRunner 1 and 2 added...
Thanks i'll test them.
DrVlaming
:)

I've tested them; perfect no false virus by McAfee
thanks for the quick service
will you include the corrected vistarunner's in all download packages
including the stand alone version?
DrVlaming

8)
Last edited by drvlaming on 2009-05-07 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

All previous bugs has been removed...Tested on Vista to XP and XP to VISTA...Not been tested VISTA to VISTA or XP to XP...Please send feedback
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-08 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

...Deleted
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-10 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
sbostedor

Post by sbostedor »

Robin,

I don't know what you're updating so much on your main thread here but I have gotten 11 updates in the last 12 hours to your main thread emailed to me.

This does not count the times that replies have been made to the original post. This is the number of times that your original post has been re-posted over and over again.

Why are you doing this? It's really making the thread spam the forum subscribers excessively.

Thank You,

Steve Bostedor
--------------------------
Bozteck Software, LLC
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bozteck
-------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by sbostedor on 2009-05-09 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

sbostedor wrote:Robin,

I don't know what you're updating so much on your main thread here but I have gotten 11 updates in the last 12 hours to your main thread emailed to me.

This does not count the times that replies have been made to the original post. This is the number of times that your original post has been re-posted over and over again.

Why are you doing this? It's really making the thread spam the forum subscribers excessively.

Thank You,

Steve Bostedor
--------------------------
Bozteck Software, LLC
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bozteck
-------------------------------------------------------
RAC was updated with complete diff modules...Text had 2 be edited as i went along...Don't want ppl to download the "wrong" stuff, now do we?
...sorry 4 that
( would appreciate if you could have PM'ed me...)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-09 12:43, edited 1 time in total.