Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Remote Access Control (Anouncing FREE 50-Port version)!!!

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
Robin

Remote Access Control (Anouncing FREE 50-Port version)!!!

Post by Robin »

Repair PC's REMOTELY without you ever being at the customer's PC

WinXP/VISTA/WIN7 "SAFE MODE" SUPPORT===AUTOMATED!!! NOW AVAILABLE!

Remote Access Control is a "Uvnc-Plugin" utility to remotely control client's computers via the Internet or LAN.
This program is one of few that can Reboot the remote computer and still connect back to itself without any user-interaction (via an inbuild time-delay function)...as long as your customer's PC has no password!!!

Rac was made with the "Techie" in mind that has to do repairs or virus removal of remote PC's. Latest edition allows you to add your own Utilities into RAC that enable you to use them on the cliebt's PC.[/b]

Bug Fixes and Ammendments
19 Nov 2009
==========
a) Minor Bug-fix (All versions)

23 Dec 2009
==========
a) MAJOR change to Rac's internal code. No more
scattered files in Rac's directory.)
b) Changed RemoteAccessControl.exe to Rac.exe
c) Fix bug when receiving error on compiling
helpdesk.exe
d) Internal function added to notify when an update is
being installed and might overwrite current settings...

05 Jan 2010
==========
a) New Feature!
You can now embed your OWN utilities into the
helpdesk.exe file via RAC!

15 Jan 2010
==========
a) After clicking Send File, RAC will create the zip
file for you on-the-fly to be send to your client.
b) Fix "Error! Failed to start!...Port already Open?
This was due to a command not properly linked to the bin directory...
c) Added "Update Check". By clicking on this you will now be able to get the latest version from the NET if yours is out-dated!

20 Jan 2010
==========
Our programming Compiler has been updated to the latest version and as a result certain functions didn't operate correctly-Fixed!

21 Jan 2010
==========
a) Added a hidden-feature to change your Registered Name and
Webpage Url if you have one...Just click on Registered to/Donator's Name and enter your info...

26 April 2010
===========
a) Fixed bug not creating helpdesk.zip

06 May 2011
==========
a) Update Viewer to 1.0.9.5

08 Jan 2012
==========
a) Fix cut-off Registration when using Themes
b) "Icon" ( listener) at taskbar will now automatically disappear when program is closed...

20 Jan 2012
==========
a) Fix a small bug
b) Renamed "continue"-button to "No Changes" when asked ---> "Continue with No Changes or overwrite?"

25 Mar 2012
==========
a) Fix unnecessarily popup on client side when you have already done a "restore"...
b) You can now click on "Donator's Name" and leave it BLANK...It will then automatically delete your homepage-URL that shows on your customer's/friend's PC ( if you previously added a URL, but couldn't get it to disappear if you didn't want it...

Latest Update 25 March 2012!!!

RAC's Homepage http://www.mariuscomputers.co.za

For BEGINNERS (1-Port) Download Here!!! ---> http://mariuscomputers.co.za/RacFree32.zip

For ADVANCED Users (50-Port) Download here ---> http://mariuscomputers.co.za/Rac.zip

Features...

a) Offline Compiler;
b) 50+1-Port;
c) Re-Boot with Safe Mode Support on all Connections(Not for Dial-Up);
d) Aero and UAC Manipulation;
e) Get your CORRECT ip from your ISP when connecting via Internet.
f) Time-Delay function for slow NIC connections (20 sec "default");
g) Option for LAN or WAN connection;
h) Monitoring of Dropped Connections (Direct AND Reboot) (new)
i) Added a Utility called THE WIZARD
j) Timer option added on client's side
k) "Add your own Utilities"-section that enables you to add your fav Utility (NOT the shortcut, but complete Utils) for use on the Client's PC
l) ...and more!

Image Image

After download create a folder and add RAC.exe into it. RAC will extract its "neighbour-files" to a directory called "bin" and a Desktop Icon will be created. Execute the rac.exe file as your MAIN file PLEASE DELETE RAC'S DESKTOP ICON SO IT CAN CREATE A NEW ICON!!

For a QUICK Setup (Pro) use:
Buttons 1-5
=========

Button 1 = Gets your current IP address of your Router that your ISP has given it and adds the information to the Helpdesk.txt file...;
Button 2 = Embed your own Utilities into the helpdesk.exe via RAC;
Button 3 = Compiles the ZIPPED exe for your customer to click on...
Button 4 = RUNS your listener (the port(s) you have selected) and awaits connection FROM customer...
Button 5 = For TESTING only to see IF everything will connect as planned...
PS: IF YOU GET A "ACCEPT INCOMING SC CONNECTION", YOU KNOW IT WORKS!!!

PLEASE READ THE "RACInstructions.doc" -FILE FOR MORE INFO! :D :D
Last edited by Robin on 2013-02-06 05:13, edited 293 times in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Re: Remote Access Control

Post by JDaus »

interesting little script ... its a nice easy way to setup UVNC sc ... but it doesn't have any of the VISTA features incorporated into it ...

other than that, nice job.

PS. you should look at my scprompt 2009 post in this forum, it has a way of using just 7zip to setup the SFX ... that way your not depending on starting the "makesfx.exe" and writing to its UI (a little messy in my opinion). just a thought.
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

also, what are the DLL files that are contained in this download ??? they don't appear to affect the application itself, so i don't understand what they are ...

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Robin

Post by Robin »

JDaus wrote:also, what are the DLL files that are contained in this download ??? they don't appear to affect the application itself, so i don't understand what they are ...
There are NO dll files embedded in the script program...just straight forward commands...You were talking bout the 7-zip...I tried it, but got so f'n frustrated, i just went and used the MakeSfx...but i'll have a look at your 7zip source :wink:

To be honest, i wrote this for WinXP...soon as i get some time, i'll go for a Vista version...WITHOUT the "MakeSfx" :D
Last edited by Robin on 2009-03-22 08:19, edited 2 times in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

...now fully supports Administrative rights...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-07 06:44, edited 2 times in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

OOPS...Dunno what happend here :roll:
Last edited by Robin on 2009-03-23 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Robin wrote:There are NO dll files embedded in the script program...just straight forward commands...
not in the autoit application itself, but in the installer, try using "UniExtract" to extract the installer, and you will see what i mean ... why use an installer anyway ??? it only adds bulk to the download and clogs up the windows registry with crap (if your like me and try amny different apps :P )

anyway, good work so far, and like as i said in the PM's, i will help you wherever i can, so long as its opensource or freeware for all usage (including commercial) ...

i don't believe in making small addons and trying to charge money for them, when the core app is free (and opensource) like some people in this forum *cough* no names mentioned *cough* ... just my 2 cents worth :D

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
Robin

Post by Robin »

JDaus wrote:i don't believe in making small addons and trying to charge money for them, when the core app is free (and opensource) like some people in this forum *cough* no names mentioned *cough* ... just my 2 cents worth :D
Well, I guess folks CAN charge for it as an "Add-On" i would say, but then it must be like $5 or something...or even spam it as "Donationware"
This is a freeware version that I just wrote for kicks :D
Last edited by Robin on 2009-03-23 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

LATEST FILE AT TOP...NOW VISTA COMPATABLE!
Last edited by Robin on 2009-03-24 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
levin

Re: Remote Access Control - Vista Compatable

Post by levin »

great little tool you have built here =)

just wondering if you'll be adding encryption build options like putting in MSRC4Plugin with an RC4 key. and also the plug-in drivers(?) to view SC clients on who are on vista to have an increase in performance
Robin

Re: Remote Access Control - Vista Compatible

Post by Robin »

levin wrote:great little tool you have built here =)

just wondering if you'll be adding encryption build options like putting in MSRC4Plugin with an RC4 key. and also the plug-in drivers(?) to view SC clients on who are on vista to have an increase in performance
It asks the user if he wants encryption or not as it IS build in. Although the encryption key is the same, chances are nearly "zero" that ppl will hack it if you take into consideration WHEN you're using it, WHO connects, etc etc. I WAS thinking of adding some script to compile a new encrypted key, but what I'm scared of is, at the end of the day the program won't be that user friendly...the reason behind this utility was "ease of use"...but let me think about it....thx for the comments/ideas :)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-03-26 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Encryption now added automaticly...Download file at the beginning of this thread... :)
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

Robin I downloaded your Remote Access Control this A.M. and I like what I see. I haven’t as yet tried all the options for Vista, but hope to get at it soon. There is one feature of your utility that I think needs to be rethought. The automatic generation of a new key each time a new client file is created is a bit of a problem, as I see it. I say this because the key that will be used by the Viewer is set from within VNC Server, not within VNC Viewer. I think it would be more convenient if you provided the new key generation feature as a separate option one step prior to the creation of the new client file. That way the user has the option of using the key as preconfigured in VNC Server, rather than generating a new key that will have to be manually copied to their UltraVNC directory. This is just a suggestion. Keep on trucking – I think you’re on the right track.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Bill H wrote:Robin I downloaded your Remote Access Control this A.M. and I like what I see. I haven’t as yet tried all the options for Vista, but hope to get at it soon. There is one feature of your utility that I think needs to be rethought. The automatic generation of a new key each time a new client file is created is a bit of a problem, as I see it. I say this because the key that will be used by the Viewer is set from within VNC Server, not within VNC Viewer. I think it would be more convenient if you provided the new key generation feature as a separate option one step prior to the creation of the new client file. That way the user has the option of using the key as preconfigured in VNC Server, rather than generating a new key that will have to be manually copied to their UltraVNC directory. This is just a suggestion. Keep on trucking – I think you’re on the right track.
If you look carefully, there IS an option( for the client) if he wants to use the key or not...Also, you only send him/her ONE file...no need 2 send the key sepperate...everything is embedded into one file. Work with it first then you'll see what i mean. The reason behind this "new" key is a safety precaution only...You can still decide if you want to use it or not. The "creating" of the new key wont even be noticeable by you when you create the customer's file. As mentioned before...The reason for this key to be created "on the fly" is also to keep the program as "simple" as possible so even "beginners" can take full advantage of the utility...and still be "safe".
To add to your question, you don't NEED to have Ultravnc on your computer, nor do you need to copy ANYTHING to the UltraVNC directory...This utility does everything by itself...no worry about coppying "this" to "that" or whatever :)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-06 08:46, edited 8 times in total.
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

Robin - thank you for your reply. I do understand that this is a stand-alone utility. When I do a loop-back test or a WAN test to another system, I can only get a connection if I run the LISTENER in NORMAL mode. When I try to use ENCRYPTION I get the error message – “Connection failed – error reading protocol – Possible Causes: - You’ve forgotten to select a DSMPlugin and the Server uses a DSMPlugin”.

I had thought that because I have UltraVNC installed on my system, the LISTENER was using pointers from my installation to locate the plugin and key. That is why I thought it would be better if the user had control of when to create a new key, thinking that your key and associated plugin had to be in the UltraVNC directory. While I now have a better understanding of how your utility functions, I haven’t been able to figure out why I’m having a problem with ENCRYPTION. Do you have any thoughts?
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

Robin – you can ignore my previous post. I’ve found where I went wrong. I hadn’t paid enough attention to your HELPDESK file, and simply replaced it with my own. Not having the two HOST headings with the choice between NORMAL and ENCRYPTED modes was what did me in. Now that all is well, I can continue to give your Remote Access Control a test dive. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your assistance. Those of us interested in Single Click appreciate your willingness to share your efforts.
Gen.Ben

Post by Gen.Ben »

link is dead :(
Robin

Post by Robin »

Gen.Ben wrote:link is dead :(
Alternative Link added at beginning of thread...

PS:
For you guys who already has Uvnc installed...Disable/Terminate your Uvnc and/or re-name your Uvnc directory so your listener/Server does not run, otherwise it might interfere with this utility...RAC (Remote Access Control) was compiled for users who has NO Uvnc installed as yet.
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-07 11:42, edited 5 times in total.
dwintin

Post by dwintin »

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but when I try and create the client file it says Can not create file maybe the file is read only...
Any idea what this is about?
Robin

Post by Robin »

dwintin wrote:Hope this isn't a dumb question, but when I try and create the client file it says Can not create file maybe the file is read only...
Any idea what this is about?
No dwintin, actually i must say thanks to YOU for putting my attention to the prob. I wrote it especially for the C-Drive and fogot there will be guys with OS's on diff drives...I made a quick "fix" for this in the file itself...It now has the abbility to be placed "anywhere" you want, and it will still work :)

Standalone version now released...See beginning of thread for details...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-10 07:37, edited 15 times in total.
dwintin

Post by dwintin »

Robin- Worked like a charm. Not only did your proggie update fix the read-only issue, but it also fixed the lag issues I was having.
Very big ups to you and your prog.
:-D
Robin

Post by Robin »

dwintin wrote:Robin- Worked like a charm. Not only did your proggie update fix the read-only issue, but it also fixed the lag issues I was having.
Very big ups to you and your prog.
:-D
Glad to hear it... Full working version (without any "bugs" i hope) will be out soon ;)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-09 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Full version (bug free i hope) now available...see beginning of thread
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-10 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
lylee

Post by lylee »

Robin- Cool program. I have a question on it. I am trying to build the client file on a Windows XP computer but it will be for use on my clients Vista PC. When I click the disable UAC or AREO, it gives me a error that it is not available on XP. Is there a way to build this for a Vista client on a XP box?

Also, if you click about on the client it shows it as a build of Oct 26, 2006, is this the most recent build of SC?
Robin

Post by Robin »

lylee wrote:Robin- Cool program. I have a question on it. I am trying to build the client file on a Windows XP computer but it will be for use on my clients Vista PC. When I click the disable UAC or AREO, it gives me a error that it is not available on XP. Is there a way to build this for a Vista client on a XP box?

Also, if you click about on the client it shows it as a build of Oct 26, 2006, is this the most recent build of SC?
First off, the error youre getting is because winxp hasnt got aero...Second, yes, you can create the client file for vista although you only have xp.
Thirdly, far as i know the "server" is the latest...I'm using the same one as the online creator...the "client/viewer" is the latest stable version...If there is a newer one out, ill use it, but i must first make sure its 100% stable... :)
you just need to click on no's 1 and 2 on the GUI. This will update and create your customer's file...then just send. What you customer have to do is open port 5500 via their Firewall. If THEIR helpdesk doesnt work, they will just have to disable Aero and UAC on their Vista machine...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-13 11:42, edited 2 times in total.
snowatom

Post by snowatom »

Hi Robin
i also need a bit more info on the above question.

If I make the helpdesk.exe file, on my windows XP, will it then automaticly figure out that the remote client is VISTA, and then turn off aero ?

The reason for my question, is that you say, that the user will have to turn of aero themself, how do they do that ? - via the client ?

snowatom
Robin

Post by Robin »

snowatom wrote:Hi Robin
i also need a bit more info on the above question.

If I make the helpdesk.exe file, on my windows XP, will it then automatically figure out that the remote client is VISTA, and then turn off aero ?

The reason for my question, is that you say, that the user will have to turn of aero themself, how do they do that ? - via the client ?

snowatom
New release out...Now with an option for the client to
Disable Aero and UAC!
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-15 08:24, edited 5 times in total.
snowatom

Post by snowatom »

Cool, looks great.

snowatom :-D
networkn

Post by networkn »

Hi There!

A few questions:

1) Is this going to be free for Commercial use? I don't mind paying, so long as everything I need is included
2) The problem I have with the SC Vista I created, is that on SOME Computers, when a UAC Prompt comes up, I get thrown off the client connection, and they need to re-establish it. I run XP, a lot of my clients are now running Vista.
Robin

Post by Robin »

networkn wrote:Hi There!

A few questions:

1) Is this going to be free for Commercial use? I don't mind paying, so long as everything I need is included
2) The problem I have with the SC Vista I created, is that on SOME Computers, when a UAC Prompt comes up, I get thrown off the client connection, and they need to re-establish it. I run XP, a lot of my clients are now running Vista.
Yep, it's free...Also you'll notice, on the client file (Helpdesk.exe) a window called EXTRA SETTINGS will be launched first...Here your client will have the option to "disable" Aero or UAC, or both. They also have the option of opening port 5500(default). They must just re-start Vista after the ammendments. When finished doing your thing, they can always "Enable" all the changed settings again...enjoy ;)

PS: if your helpdesk.exe file hasnt got the "extra settings" window, just download again from links in beginning of thread...I have only added this feature about a week ago...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-04-17 12:47, edited 4 times in total.