Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Remote Access Control (Anouncing FREE 50-Port version)!!!

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
mrwislr

Re: Remote Access Control - FREEWARE!

Post by mrwislr »

Can not get RAC to reboot and connect using encryption..

i have tried everything... even leaving a plain vanilla install with just address changed and it will not reboot and connect using encryption.

it will use encryption just find if i manually click on it but not after reboot.

after reboot it only wants to connect in "normal mode" which it will if i'm running the normal server.

not sure what to do..

anyhelp would be appreciated
Robin

Post by Robin »

mrwislr wrote:Can not get RAC to reboot and connect using encryption..

i have tried everything... even leaving a plain vanilla install with just address changed and it will not reboot and connect using encryption.

it will use encryption just find if i manually click on it but not after reboot.

after reboot it only wants to connect in "normal mode" which it will if i'm running the normal server.

not sure what to do..

anyhelp would be appreciated
Sorry but "encryption boot" has not been implemented yet.
For the time being,

1)copy the rc4.key file to the root directory
2) replace the string in RUN.BAT with "-plugin -connect 41.240.xx.xx:5500 -noregistry"
3) Execute runner.exe
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-19 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

No problem this is a very sweet script. Please keep it free. Its a little hackinstyle but thats what makes it so cool.

I can't wait for you to implement encrypted restarting.

That will be super cool and sure thing donation from me.

make it donationware.

thx
ronnie
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

AWESOME!

how can i donate?
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

not yet

doesn't work yet :( with encrypted reboot
Robin

Post by Robin »

mrwislr wrote:not yet

doesn't work yet :( with encrypted reboot
Fixed...download latest here ---> http://mcomputers.sytes.net/mcomputers/ ... ontrol.zip
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

works perfect now with xp and vista.

saaweeeeettttt!!!!
tweakerxp

Post by tweakerxp »

Any way to get logo.bmp to be included in the helpdesk.exe file? I added it to the RemoteAccessControl folder, but it doesn't appear when the client clicks the helpdesk.exe file. When I extract helpdesk.exe file, I see that the logo.bmp file is not there.
Hoof_Arted

Post by Hoof_Arted »

I've got logo.bmp working fine on mine--just place it in the RAC folder and create the helpdesk.exe. One suggestion is to make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked in your Tools menu (Tools-->Folder Options-->View). You might be adding an extra .bmp in the name (logo.bmp.bmp). Sounds crazy, I know. Just a guess.
tweakerxp

Post by tweakerxp »

Hoof_Arted wrote:I've got logo.bmp working fine on mine--just place it in the RAC folder and create the helpdesk.exe. One suggestion is to make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked in your Tools menu (Tools-->Folder Options-->View). You might be adding an extra .bmp in the name (logo.bmp.bmp). Sounds crazy, I know. Just a guess.
Haha nope, not that easy! I know the filetype is correct, because it works if I extract helpdesk.exe and add it in there and then run setup.exe. For some reason, it's just not getting added automatically :o

I would just add it manually, but I'm not too sure how to make the helpdesk file auto extract and run setup.exe like it does after running RAC.exe
Robin

Post by Robin »

tweakerxp wrote:
Hoof_Arted wrote:I've got logo.bmp working fine on mine--just place it in the RAC folder and create the helpdesk.exe. One suggestion is to make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked in your Tools menu (Tools-->Folder Options-->View). You might be adding an extra .bmp in the name (logo.bmp.bmp). Sounds crazy, I know. Just a guess.
Haha nope, not that easy! I know the filetype is correct, because it works if I extract helpdesk.exe and add it in there and then run setup.exe. For some reason, it's just not getting added automatically :o

I would just add it manually, but I'm not too sure how to make the helpdesk file auto extract and run setup.exe like it does after running RAC.exe
Reason i didnt add logo.bmp is so you can add your own...Once added, run CREATE CLIENT FILE and it will be there...I have just tested it with my own logo ;)
Last edited by Robin on 2009-05-29 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

Remote Access Control just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter... amazing work man... give us a link so we can donate we want you to keep going and please keep it free!

Friggin awesome man seriously
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

having known robin (and googling some of his history, I am certain this application will remain freeware forever ... (i would love to see it opensource, but freeware is better than nothing :D )
tweakerxp wrote:I would just add it manually, but I'm not too sure how to make the helpdesk file auto extract and run setup.exe like it does after running RAC.exe
I have a exe builder that will do this for you. its still in testing, but every report says its working fine. pm me if you want a link (to testing release)
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
Robin

Re: Remote Access Control - Donationware!

Post by Robin »

Changed the proggie to "Donationware" which means its STILL free ;)
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

Is there anyway to set/implement an auto-reconnect feature for sudden dropped connections?
Robin

Post by Robin »

mrwislr wrote:Is there anyway to set/implement an auto-reconnect feature for sudden dropped connections?
Unfortunately not. Your client must do a manual re-connect...might be implemented in future releases.
kenny782

Post by kenny782 »

just found UltraVNC and SC tonight.
As a fellow AutoITer, very nice implementation :)

Has all the features i wanted that figured I'd have to figure out myself :D

Thanks,

Kenny
Robin

Post by Robin »

kenny782 wrote:just found UltraVNC and SC tonight.
As a fellow AutoITer, very nice implementation :)

Has all the features i wanted that figured I'd have to figure out myself :D

Thanks,

Kenny
You can always "edit" my script to see how i compiled it. I still want to add an option where the proggie will "re-connect" if the line is dropped. Only prob i have at the mo is to figure out how to make the program see the diff between "broken" connection, and "normal" disconnection...
kenny782

Post by kenny782 »

hmm, I'm deploying some equipment then maybe I'll play with it see what I can come up with on that one.

What do you mean edit, do u have the source on the au3 site?
Robin

Post by Robin »

kenny782 wrote:hmm, I'm deploying some equipment then maybe I'll play with it see what I can come up with on that one.

What do you mean edit, do u have the source on the au3 site?
Nope, but i know there are dissasembler systems/programs out there...btw, i'm finished with the re-connection query. It's under test at the moment and works 100%. I've decided to impliment this ONLY on the "runner.exe" file that gets executed at startup. For "normal-direct" connections, the client still needs to be at the other end. Reason being is that when you connect DIRECT, strictly UVNC is at work. To get THIS to re-connect will mean i have to "edit" UVNC's code...
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

This is bar far the best tool available here for free and is beating some of the pay stuff..... Totally amazing work...

I love this addon.. its perfect.
tweakerxp

Post by tweakerxp »

Robin wrote: You can always "edit" my script to see how i compiled it. I still want to add an option where the proggie will "re-connect" if the line is dropped. Only prob i have at the mo is to figure out how to make the program see the diff between "broken" connection, and "normal" disconnection...
Yeah, that would be awesome! Love the program, I finally got it working with my logo.bmp by using a different computer and it went without a hitch!
Robin

Post by Robin »

tweakerxp wrote:
Robin wrote: You can always "edit" my script to see how i compiled it. I still want to add an option where the proggie will "re-connect" if the line is dropped. Only prob i have at the mo is to figure out how to make the program see the diff between "broken" connection, and "normal" disconnection...
Yeah, that would be awesome! Love the program, I finally got it working with my logo.bmp by using a different computer and it went without a hitch!
Get the latest proggie...it has dropped-connection recovery ( implimented
in "reboot with connection" ONLY!)
Robin

Post by Robin »

...deleted
Last edited by Robin on 2009-07-21 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

tested on windows 2000 today and connect with restart would not work. No options appeared after clicking "Connect with Restart".

Just an FYI
Robin

Post by Robin »

mrwislr wrote:tested on windows 2000 today and connect with restart would not work. No options appeared after clicking "Connect with Restart".

Just an FYI
Unfortunately no amendments will be made for win2000. Please test it with XP and Vista.
PS: just check if it's not an Anti-Virus or similar program that's maybe preventing RAC to function properly...
Last edited by Robin on 2009-07-01 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
mrwislr

Post by mrwislr »

this latest version with the automatic reconnect feature does not work after restart...

once you restart it connects but doesn't diplay ascreen... in other words connect with restart is useless now since this latest update.

It seem it doesn't let the desktop load on the other machine before connecting.

please help
Robin

Post by Robin »

mrwislr wrote:this latest version with the automatic reconnect feature does not work after restart...

once you restart it connects but doesn't diplay ascreen... in other words connect with restart is useless now since this latest update.

It seem it doesn't let the desktop load on the other machine before connecting.

please help
FIXED!
Download from above link...

NOTES!
=====
1) When youre in Safe Mode, click on the button called MONITOR DROPPED CONNECTIONS
2) ALWAYS REMEMBER TO DO A "RESTORE SETTINGS" WHEN FINISHED!
Last edited by Robin on 2009-07-21 18:34, edited 5 times in total.
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Hi Robin.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make a helpdesk.exe with your program like so:

The first menu will not show up, the first window should be this window if you click on "Connect now!".
UAC and Aero will be disabled automatically if there is an Vista OS found, and will be set to the old setting before.

?

Is this possible?

best regards,
marc

PS: very nice work! thanks so much!
Robin

Post by Robin »

marcgistel wrote:Hi Robin.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make a helpdesk.exe with your program like so:

The first menu will not show up, the first window should be this window if you click on "Connect now!".
UAC and Aero will be disabled automatically if there is an Vista OS found, and will be set to the old setting before.

?

Is this possible?

best regards,
marc

PS: very nice work! thanks so much!
You can do this under ADVANCE settings...Reason why i want to keep it this way, is so that the "techie" is fully in control. Also, AERO can ONLY be disabled while in Vista...NOT via re-boot