Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

UVNC SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than VNC! - Updated July 12TH

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
xpcomputers

Re: New SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than SC! - Updated May 20TH

Post by xpcomputers »

John,

Had a busy week this week, so not had much time to give the thread. Managed to do a few real world tests on UVNC-Helper 2.4 and all worked as expected.

QQD still can't be downloaded, but can be put on client's computer by UVNC file transfer if connected to UVNC-Helper (and then works fine and as expected). eg someone new gets help, I use UVNC-Helper auto-embedded direct from your site. If they want the icon for peace of mind, I can transfer it over during the connection. I can't however get them to download it direct from my site once pre-configured.

Will hope to catch up by beginning of next week, and help test the beta. I should also have some time to give you screen shots of virus protection messages.

You work is much appreciated. Thank You.

Mike
JohnMC

Re: New SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than SC! - Updated May 20TH

Post by JohnMC »

Beta Update

(outdated)

im getting myself a copy of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 as we speak so i can test this out, it might be possible to please Kaspersky by using an EXE that hasnt been compressed with UPX, but that would make qqd 587KB, still not bad, but we might still have anissue with the main program, and a non upx copy of that isnt worth me compiling it to find out the size...
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-04 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMC

Re: UVNC SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than VNC! - Updated June 4T

Post by JohnMC »

Updated! see first post

going forward will be much easier, i did alot of work to make the program easy to update, so bring on the feature requests!
xpcomputers

Post by xpcomputers »

John,

Not been feeling very well, so even further behind on your latest updates, but congrats on reaching v3. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it is a good milestone.

Might take me a while to catch up here, as I have lots of work awaiting attention from being off ill and I'm still not feeling right yet either!

I'll send you a PM too.

Mike
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

hi,
very nice uvnc sc version but are there any plans for support of encryption?
Last edited by hambaba on 2009-06-05 16:03, edited 2 times in total.
xpcomputers

Post by xpcomputers »

I think John has this on the roadmap....

From the opening post:
Future Development:
--Repeater options (3.1)
--User configured dropdown of multiple hosts (3.1)
--Ability to connect after reboot (3.1)
--Change docking mode on the fly (3.1)
--Video hook implementation (3.2)
--AutoIt 3.3.1.0 (3.2)
--Nat2Nat options (3.3)
--Security plugin implementation (3.4)
--Viewer-Helper
I would guess this is what John means by Security plugin implementation... in which case it is due to arrive in version 3.4

The versions have been arriving thick and fast at the moment, so it might not be very long away at all... depends how troublesome the other bits in the development stack before it are.

Mike
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

thanks i have overlooked that.
xpcomputers

Post by xpcomputers »

That's ok. Easily done with so much info to take in.

I know John is looking for other ideas & suggestions to improve the project further, so if you have any suggestions, fire away.

Hopefully the docs will catch up very soon too, but it is already very straight forward to use.

But if you have any problems, fire away....

Mike
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

hi,
j have done some other little test:
if there is installed an old version of winvnc as service there is the "an other instance of winvnc is already running" the problem is ( i think)
that until version 1.0.2 the service name was VNC server while now is uvnc_service, in fact in the ultravnc setup installer there is a check_install.exe that verify what version was installed.

regard
sainsuper
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

i have forget to write another thing :-D
I think this shoud specifify in the documentation that corfirm cab be used only with autoreconnect 0 and service 5.
Also i have tried to use service 5 and cormirm 1 but it doesn't work, so i have seen in source code winvn.bat there is
set OP5=-sc -autoreconnect -connect %HOSTA% -run

and it is wrong

it shoud be

set OP5=-sc -connect %HOSTA% -run

shoud be this the problem?
Last edited by Sainsuper on 2009-06-11 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Updated

(6-11-09 - 3.0.1.0)
-Fixed- Wasnt handling settings "reconnect" and "confirm" correctly

Sainsuper
The batch file you seeing is just for me to test different command line configurations and whatever is in the file is whatever i just happend to spew out before i compiled the program, i package it with the program because i belive it can be usefull if you have an issue with the program.

Let me try to explain the way i have these 2 options setup:
if you like you could have this configuration:
service=1
confirm=1
reconnect=1

what would happen in this configuration is as follows:

if we do run as a service, 'confirm' will be ignored, and reconnect will be checked and honored

if we run as user 'confirm' wil be checked first and if its value is 1 then 'reconnect' is ignored (seeing as this is the only mode confirm will work in anyway, we asume that the supporter wants it to supersede reconnect), if confirm=0 then we would honor reconnect

thanks for bringing these things up, ill have to update the help file regarding this

also thanks for bringing the service issue up, ill include a fix in the next feature update (3.1) so the exact service name is "VNC server"?
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-12 03:21, edited 2 times in total.
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

the exact name of old version is vnc server
you can see here

;)
Last edited by Sainsuper on 2009-06-12 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

Sainsuper wrote:until version 1.0.2 the service name was VNC server while now is uvnc_service
I had forgotten about the old servicename ... thanks Sainsuper ...
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Beta Update
3.1.0.0 Beta

Changes:
(6-17-09 - 3.0.1.102)
-Added- Embed option "site" for adding a tray item to visit the supporters website, site=http://teammc.cc (Empty by default)
-Added- Embed option "dsm" for using DSM plugins, 0=disabled 1=MSRC4Plugin_NoReg, disabled by default
-Added- Winvnc.exe version 1.0.6.0
-Added- "About" dialog in tray menu
-Added- If host input includes port (ie "192.168.0.1:5500"), it will override the number in the port input
-Added- User configured host dropdown, usage: host=192.168.0.1,teammc.cc,78.253.87.43:5500
-Added- Repeater ID Option, In the host input add "ID:xxxx" ie.. "192.168.0.1 ID:1234", this will be undocumented because it could change in the next version
-Added- Host aliases, possible way to set host: "[Server]192.168.0.1,[Joe]teammc.cc ID:8902,56.49.100.2,[Bill]192.168.0.1:4400
-Added- Command "set" to set any embed option on the fly, please note that some values like Title wont apear to change especialy on the main window
-Added- Command "set2" this command will set any program variable, it will remain undocumented and is for dev/debug only
-Added- Embed option "debug"
-Changed- Service Mode 1 & 2 are now functionally the same, they both work as mode 2, seems i didnt understand that if the UAC secure desktop was disabled you still cant interact with the UAC prompt
-Fixed- Main window wouldnt resize on connect unless it was in focus
-Fixed- Command line parameters with a value were not being understood all the time
-Fixed- System for hiding text in command input wouldnt allow you delete all the text in the box under some circumstances
-Fixed- Sperating command & data wasnt reliabe or consistant
-Fixed- Adds check for old service name "VNC service"
-Fixed- Exit speed (we still try to kill a connection but we dont wait for it if we never started one in the first place)
-Removed- Command "service" replaced by "set service"
-Removed- Command "debug" repaced by "set debug"
-Note- Pushed back connect after reboot to next feature update

http://teammc.cc/uvnc/more/UVNC-Helper-Beta.exe
http://teammc.cc/uvnc/?s=beta&title=MyC ... 4.45.67.34
http://teammc.cc/uvnc/more/

As a reminder i want to make sure people know that all embed options can be passed in a URL that you could potentially email or IM to a client. the php script that does this is included in all my source zip files and i invite people to ask questions about it if need be.

theoretical url (FOR THE BETA):

Code: Select all

http://teammc.cc/uvnc/?s=beta&title=BestSupport&host=[John]support1.bestsupport.com,[Alisa]67.100.123.12:5509,[John (Backup)]support2.bestsupport.com ID:4444&repo=files.bestsupport.com&window=3&confirm=1&dsm=1&site=customer.bestsupport.com 
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-17 23:25, edited 4 times in total.
kayman

Post by kayman »

Hey John you've made some exceptional progress on this its great!

the drop down function is great, worked out if you type it into the host box in the embedded option it populates too!

Is there a way to have a friendly name i.e.
Tech Agent 1 = 192.168.0.1:5500
Tech Agent 2 = 192.168.0.2:5500
etc.

So the dropdown will only show Tech Agent 1 or Tech Agent 2 etc so users wont see all these numbers and you have try and get them to figure out which one?

loving your work
K
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

JohnMC wrote:Beta Update
3.1.0.0 Beta
awesome work john ... you put some of us to shame. I hope your business is doing well, because you are definitely a great tech to figure out what you have ...

I might as well give up on the scprompt2009 ... this far surpasses it ...

keep up the good work, and if I can be of assistance, just shout.

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
xpcomputers

Post by xpcomputers »

kayman wrote:Hey John you've made some exceptional progress on this its great!

the drop down function is great, worked out if you type it into the host box in the embedded option it populates too!

Is there a way to have a friendly name i.e.
Tech Agent 1 = 192.168.0.1:5500
Tech Agent 2 = 192.168.0.2:5500
etc.

So the dropdown will only show Tech Agent 1 or Tech Agent 2 etc so users wont see all these numbers and you have try and get them to figure out which one?

loving your work
K
I think it looks like John has done that.... see his post above:
-Added- Host aliases, possible way to set host: "[Server]192.168.0.1,[Joe]teammc.cc ID:8902,56.49.100.2,[Bill]192.168.0.1:4400
and

Code: Select all

http://teammc.cc/uvnc/?s=beta&title=BestSupport&host=[John]support1.bestsupport.com,[Alisa]67.100.123.12:5509,[John (Backup)]support2.bestsupport.com ID:4444&repo=files.bestsupport.com&window=3&confirm=1&dsm=1&site=customer.bestsupport.com 
I haven;t tried it, but I'm guessing this would show the names instead of Host.

If it works correctly, this really is great stuff! Especially the Security stuff. Looking forward to giving it a try.... but will need to work out how the DSM plugin bit works. But yet again, need to say "Great Work John!".

Mike
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

great work john!

regarding encryption if on the server the rc4.key is located under a program files\uvnc folder then the encryption will work.
i'm sure that in future the rc4.key will be integrated isn't it?
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

i just have a moment so quickly...

i hope to have the rc4 key option added before 3.1 is released

the text in brackets for the host string is what would be the "friendly name"

thank you all very much

and JDaus, i enjoy the compitition, youve done an amazing job and i hope i can compete with your RYO as well in the future ;)
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-19 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Ok so i hit a bit of a wall on this DSM stuff...

1. Having an embed option "password" to set the password in the uvnc.ini file. the password encryption is rather complex so its not like i can write it in autoit, and i dont understand c++ enough to extract the needed code and build a dll or exe (ive come close but dont understand datatypes/references)

2. Basicly the same issue but with generating RC4Keys, i "could" have an embed option that would alow you to select a premade key file, but thats all i would be able to do (no generation and no URL support) and no matter how this turns out it will end up breaking the data structure for the embed function and will need to be re designed

so basicly RC4Keys wont happen this version, and unless i get the regular passwords working then the DSM option in 3.1 will be useless (unless a blank password still serves as a valid encription string ??)

any ideas are appriciated, or if anyone knows C++ well enough ill send you what i have so far
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-19 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
kayman

Post by kayman »

I read the [friendlyname] method and tried it but it seemed like the helper app tried to make 2 connections (when i hit connect it launched another helper app) so i wanted to check if i was doing it correctly.

I have since re-created the embedded beta file and tested again and it seems to work alright I might have had a typo previously.

John on another note just another thing I noticed which I thought was fixed but perhaps not is when you type appget abcd or ag abcd it shows downloading abcd even though the app doesnt exist in the repo is it possible to come back saying not found or something?

ohh and the tooltips of the dock window dont show on the remote screen but I'm guessing thats a uvnc issue / limitation.
Last edited by kayman on 2009-06-19 02:38, edited 2 times in total.
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

john,
for me it would be enough to only include an existing rc4.key or the possibility to add the content of the rc4.key via a textbox in the embed data dialog.
i think generating a rc4.key is not needed because you need the vncviewer to listen for a connection and there is already an easy way to create a rc4.key over the config dialog of the dsm plugn in the vncviewer
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

kayman wrote:I read the [friendlyname] method and tried it but it seemed like the helper app tried to make 2 connections (when i hit connect it launched another helper app) so i wanted to check if i was doing it correctly.

I have since re-created the embedded beta file and tested again and it seems to work alright I might have had a typo previously.

John on another note just another thing I noticed which I thought was fixed but perhaps not is when you type appget abcd or ag abcd it shows downloading abcd even though the app doesnt exist in the repo is it possible to come back saying not found or something?

ohh and the tooltips of the dock window dont show on the remote screen but I'm guessing thats a uvnc issue / limitation.
id love to know what happend that made a new instance open (as a note, multi instances are enabled in this beta) if it happens again try to record what you did

as for the invalid downloads: ill certainly fix this, i just keep forgeting
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Beta Update
3.1.0.0 Beta 2

Changes:
(6-21-09 - 3.0.1.224)
-Changed- Re built the system to read/write embed data to allow for binary data/large strings
-Changed- Re built php embed script to work with this new method (no cross compatibility, so it wont be published untill we release)
-Added- Embed Option "RC4 Key File Select", select an rc4 key file from the embed screen, this cant be done with a URL
-Added- Embed Option "Password" (Pre-Encrypted), add a pre encrypted password (from uvnc ini file) to set in ini file at runtime
-Changed- New embed system makes only "non-default" data get embeded
-Changed- Tray icon title is window title
-Fixed- Error displays when an aptget package doesnt exist

I belive this will be suitable for release, ill know more in a day or two

what would ppl think of a more typical initial window? with a embeded logo and embed txt/info? then on connection we revert to what we currently use on connection.
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-22 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

kayman wrote: ohh and the tooltips of the dock window dont show on the remote screen but I'm guessing thats a uvnc issue / limitation.
i belive it has to do with alpha blending, we might be able to adjust the uvnc.ini settings to allow this, and i could add an option... on that note can enyone give me some good configuration examples of lets say "Dialup" and "Broadband"
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-22 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

awesome john!
thx for the encryption support.
the missing encryption of almost all provided sc or sc like applications was the cause i still used my old sc from [topic=11485][/topic]
but now this is history 8)

thank you very much again and keep up the great work!
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

awsome work John!

I downloaded your files for example "UVNC-Helper-SRC-3.0.1.0.zip".
now I have a problem or question.
If I unzip this file I get some *.au3 files and "winvnc_auoit.exe"(if I execute this exe nothing happens only the process is running and I have to kill it).
I dont know how to use his files. Can someone help me, how to creating my own SC.exe?
The Documentations didn't give so much information as I need it.

2. I have read some things about combobox for preconfigurate the possible connection. I tried to change the "UVNC-Helper.au3"-code but dont know the syntax for adding items to the combobox(or better control: list).
And how can I give the function "connect" the information from the combobox or list?

3. Can I change the Icon of the outgoing "UVNC-Helper.exe"?
On my side its the autoitv3-icon.

It would be very nice if someone can help me or give me some hints or links!

best regards Marc

and sorry for my bad english.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

JohnMC wrote:what would ppl think of a more typical initial window? with a embeded logo and embed txt/info? then on connection we revert to what we currently use on connection.
What about, if you have pre-defined connections, then use a bigger gui, else leave as it is ??? (then a small GUI on connect)

__
JD
SecureTech.com.au
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Hi again,

I think I fixed most of my issues by myself.
But this issue existing anyway:

tried a Connection from an Vista to my XP:
the vista PC has no local admin rigths an UAC is activated.
now if I want to change some systemsettings the UAC popping up and the connection braking down. No reconnection If the UAC appears(entered the password).
Is this normal or did I made some misstakes?

would be nice if someone can help me :wink:

best regards
marc
Last edited by marcgistel on 2009-06-22 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

JDaus i think i was basicly sayign the same thing, so yeah, sounds like we might have an idea for the next release.

marcgistel what you see in the zip files in the source (SRC) the "UVNC-Helper.exe" from http://teammc.cc/uvnc is what you want or if you use the auto embed URL: http://teammc.cc/uvnc/?s=embed&setting=value

if you want to see the beta its shown in the same folder as the source ( http://teammc.cc/uvnc/more ) as "UVNC-Helper-Beta.exe"

these exe's are self contained, no compiling and only one file needed

currently the ability to view/control a UAC prompt when running the program as a 'non-administrator' is limited to whatever UVNC itself is capable of.