Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

UVNC SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than VNC! - Updated July 12TH

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
kayman

Re: UVNC SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than VNC! - Updated June 4T

Post by kayman »

Hey John,

Thanks for the updates, also for the beta is it possible when embedding to have the option to hide the debug window in the background, just when using it on client sites it looks scary to them, and have a cmd to type to show it if things aren't working?

Also I think the different visual appearance would be good for when we have hosts enabled perhaps list then with a radio box or have it so you can select it or double click or generate separate buttons for the hosts so many different options depending on ease of code and the look you wish but i think its a good option.

I have been unable to create the double connection window but will recored what I do if it happens again.
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Thanks for your replay John.

- is it right if I open the "UVNC-Helper.au3" with autoit3 and say "build"?
So there comes out an "UVNC-Helper.exe". Is this way to build my uvnc-SC right?

- As you said the uvnc is handling the issue with UAC is it possible to say uvncHelper to reconnect automatically after connectionbreakdown?

- I dont know if I make misstakes(I think so :D ) but when I read "Global $APPEXE="winvnc_autit.exe"" in your .au3 I think this exe will be the compiled uvnc. If this is an old version or so i think this is the problem why UAC braking down the connection.(As I see you updated the uvnc "-Added- Winvnc.exe version 1.0.6.0".
Now what can I do to fix this issue?
has this something to do with "SCHook.dll"?

will be happy about any help ;)

best regards
marc
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

marcgistel
if you just want to use uvnc-helper you don't need the src package.
just download the the uvnc-helper.exe and start it. to change the embed data type embed in the cmd textbox of uvnc-helper an press enter or the cmd button.

the available commands for the cmd textbox can be found here: http://teammc.cc/uvnc/help/Commands.html
a description about the embed data can be found here: http://teammc.cc/uvnc/help/Options%20&% ... 0Data.html

all help can be found here: http://teammc.cc/uvnc/help/
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

hambaba
I dont want to use the helper "only" I allready configured the helper with the Source for example to display an combobox(preconfigured connections), no textboxes and only an button "connect".
My customers are not able to input IP-addresses and commands.
So thats the reason why iam asking things like I did.

Thank you anyway for the links!

best regards
marc
marcgistel

Post by marcgistel »

Issue with my own icon fixed:

I found no variable or something in your autoitcode concerning this icon issue.
So I found out how to make my own icon in the Helper.exe:

go to directory(mine): "C:\Programs\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\" (you have to install autoit before you can do it). then doubleclick the "Aut2exe.exe".
Here you have to put in the path of the "UVNC-Helper.au3", the path of the outgoing "UVNC-Helper.exe" and the path of your own icon "*.ico".
Thats is.
"Compile" and then you get your own helper.exe with your icon.

best regards
marc
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

kayman ill consider it, but the idea of a beta/rc (unlike with UVNC itself as it seems sometimes) is for testing and not for production, i can hide it, but it would still come up for a moment.

marcgistel the way the program works (at the moment) is that it doesnt actualy know what uvnc is doing, so right now if a connection is lost, the client wont see a change in the program, this will change in the near future and when it does you will see the ability to reconnect after a UAC connection drop

If you install autoit, and unzip the contents of the .zip into a folder, you should be able to build it "as-is", it will output "UVNC-Helper.exe" those variables are unrelated to compile proccess. As a note to all: autoit has the UPX compressor built into it, i have it disabled in this script, because i use PECompact2, it saves i little more space, and has less of a chance as being flaged as a virus, if you want to compile the script you should enable the "use upx" option at the very top of the main script file.

i dont know if it was your intention but you bring up a good idea for a feature, "lock-out editing of the host/port field" and "hide command box"
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-23 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
kayman

Post by kayman »

JohnMC wrote:kayman ill consider it, but the idea of a beta/rc (unlike with UVNC itself as it seems sometimes) is for testing and not for production, i can hide it, but it would still come up for a moment.
Cheers John by no means don't go changing your plans for me, was mearly a suggestion, I wanted to test the new features with a client but as you said it might be good to test those features by myself and use the released version for the client so I understand and thanks.
JohnMC

Re: UVNC SC - UVNC-Helper - More Than VNC! - Updated June 23

Post by JohnMC »

Updated! See first post

(6-23-09 - 3.1.0.0) Changes from beta 2 to release
-Fixed- Issue from Beta 2 that didnt allow you to embed data in a previously embeded executable
-Changed- Uses slimed version of UVNC 1.0.6.1
-Changed- Embed option "confirm" is now "prompt" to maintain consistancy with UVNC and this option no longer has prerequisite regarding option "reconnect"
-Changed- Embed option "reconnect" set to "0" will enable "autoexit", set to "1" (default) will enable "autoreconnect"

kayman from now on the betas will automaticly minimize the console window, just to make it more presentable if you did want to have a friend or even a client test it.
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-24 04:08, edited 2 times in total.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Added a "compile source guide" to the help files

Any thoughts on this new embed/settings layout:

kayman

Post by kayman »

JohnMC wrote:Added a "compile source guide" to the help files

Any thoughts on this new embed/settings layout:

Hi John, just my Opinion but it seems like they might get to be too many sections perhaps group them into their area i.e. instead of having host / port / title etc you could have

Connection Details and once you click on that you can input the host / port
and then another group called perhaps Window Look you could have Title / docking type etc

Cant thing of any better grouping names at the moment but hopefully get my jist

and thanks for the minimize for the Beta

Edit: also just a thought with the Prompt / Auto Connect I think i read previously if you had auto reconnect enabled prompt doesnt work so perhaps when autoreconnect is ticked it could untick and grey out the prompt option?
Last edited by kayman on 2009-06-25 06:19, edited 3 times in total.
Sainsuper

Post by Sainsuper »

hi john
I have tested ne the new version 1.0.6.1 with new -sc_xx option.
-sc_xx prompt work only if winvnc running in user mode :
winvnc -sc_prompt -connect 192.168.0.x -run

If wivnc is installed as service or altready is open as user the -sc_xx option doesn' t work, so for UVNC SC helper option it works only if service option is 5.
I hope in rudi update!!!

regard
SainSuper
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

In version UVNC 1.0.6.1 that changed, they now have 2 options for sc and the prompt option IS compatable with autoreconnect.

the thing about the GUI is that with the method below, i can "auto generate" the GUI instead of having it static, this allows me to save a little space, and make future development simple, we can improve it further as time goes on for sure
hambaba

Post by hambaba »

i think the embed data dialog is not that much important. in my case i won't modify the embed data every day. so i think if it is easier for you and the future development then do it.
lamarmotte

Post by lamarmotte »

Very great job JohnMC!

Little modification to do, in the host embed command, i'ld like to have entries with comma such as : [Lastname1, firstname1]ipadress1, [Lastname2, firstname2]ipadress2. But the program make an entries for each value separated by a comma!

Is it possible to disable the embed command ? I don't want people modify the exe file with the embed command and also discover techniciens ip adress.

Thanks a lot.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

wow! absolutly, thats a great idea... just when i cant think of anything else to add you guys come up with another great feature

ill work on something to handle commas too, like an escape character
kayman

Post by kayman »

Hey John, if u can auto generate the menu then have it that way it still works well.

So John now we can have autoreconnect and prompt enabled at the same time? thats great!

dont know how ur coding works but perhaps have a ; to separate the connections? or if u can code it to ignore , inside the [ ]
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Sainsuper sorry, i see i didnt read your question right, the sc option does only work in user mode, this is a limitation of uvnc, i do hope they can change this someday, for now these options are only usefull in user mode/non vista/7 system

kayman great thinking, i think ill opt to use the ; character, i dont see anyone using this character in the friendly name.
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-06-27 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
lamarmotte

Post by lamarmotte »

John,

I'ld like to have, for the default value of the drop down list, a first blank row or a tech name such "Please select a tech".

The goal of this is to oblige people to select a tech (or enter an ip adress) before pushing the connect button because i'm sure, that some people will push connect and the first tech in the list will receive false call!

I'll like to translate the UI in french. It don't have many words to translate but it would be difficult to follow new versions if i modify the current release. Do you plan to make language file to make easier translations ?

thanks again.
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

lamarmotte wrote:I'll like to translate the UI in french..... Do you plan to make language file to make easier translations ?
John, I have some good translation related functions already created for vnc2me and scprompt ... I will pm them to you tomorrow, to save re-inventing the wheel (or function - in this case).

pm me if you don't get them in about 12 hours (i only updated these functions on the weekend ... freaky ...)
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

awesome idea, i think however that i might be rebuilding alot of it anyway, ill see what youve got... keeping the app selfcontained in one exe is a on going challenge
JDaus
Friend of UVNC
Friend of UVNC

Post by JDaus »

JohnMC wrote:keeping the app selfcontained in one exe is a on going challenge
your not telling me anything new there john ...

i re-wrote vnc2me about 5 times before coming to the code you can see now ... you need to make sure you use variables where ever you can (and HEAPS of them), this makes it a pain to read the source of (unless you wrote it or have alot of patience), but it makes the code ultimately more flexable (in my limited experience anyway) ...

oh, that and departmentalising your code (using file includes and functions) ... but i am just an amature ... so don't take my word for it ... take a look at the uvnc code ... functions galour, and variables galore ... (from what i can tell anyway :D )

i have forgotten to PM you the code ... will get onto that shorlty ...
ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...
don't ask, and remain a fool for life - JDaus 2003

without imperfections, neither you nor i would exist - Steven Hawkins
__
JD
SCPrompt - OpenSource Free Remote Screen\Desktop Sharing Solution
SecureTech.com.au
kayman

Post by kayman »

Hi John,

the helper program keeps crashing on one of my clients machine don't know if you might know why?
The launcher runs and as soon as you hit connect it comes up with this

and with the beta it gives this
Image Image
Xyhon

Post by Xyhon »

Hello John. I would like to do polish translation of this SC port :) It has proven to be the best for me yet. And aptget function rocks!
Anyway - do You plan on using general lang pack like JDaus, or do You have a template of Your own?
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

sorry for the late reply, my topic subscription died it seems

kayman this is very strange, ill lookinto it, tonight ill post my latest beta, and we can see what happens, ive re compiled and compressed the winvnc file so that might fix it.

Translations next release will include a translation system so ill be contacting anyone whos interested in helping soon. thanks! as for how it will work, im not entirly sure yet, i have a few ideas, ill let you all know soon
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-07-07 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
BenCh

Post by BenCh »

Sorry to just jump in, but I've been reading through the forum and this seems very interesting to me. I am a computer support tech and am looking for a good remote solution. I am hoping to be able to remote in to my clients computer while I am away from my office. Will this do that? Seems I noticed something about a repeater being supported at some point. I suspect that is what I will need so that I don't have to rely a IP address forwarding at my end. If I am in a hotel or some other form of high speed internet where I do not have control over the router then I could not setup the needed forward. Let me know if your solution can do what I am looking for and if not, will it in the future? I am sure I am not the only one with this need. Thank you.

Ben
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

kayman wrote:Hi John,

the helper program keeps crashing on one of my clients machine don't know if you might know why?
The launcher runs and as soon as you hit connect it comes up with this

and with the beta it gives this
Image Image
kayman...I'm guessing that on attempting to connect, uvnc_helper engages in a tussel with a third pary firewall and uvnc_helper looses the duke-out and crashes. It doesn't always happen, but I run a third party firewall that tussels with uvnc-helper once in a while, only in my case the firewall looses and is shut down with a similar error message.

This is an exceptional project, and I watch this thread in anticipation of further development.

Bill H
kayman

Post by kayman »

At first i straight away thought it would be a firewall or antivirus problem but I had used older versions of the helper and it worked fine but anyhow I disabled unloaded the firewall / antivirus software (Trend Micro Office scan) and still had the same problem hence I thought to post, I'll try again with John's new beta release when its posted.
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

Beta Update

This update might become a release, i didnt want to go back to the 3.1 source to try and fix this crash problem so i worked on it in the 3.2 source, however this only has about half the features that i wanted for 3.2 but its something.

(7-08-09 - 3.1.0.36) Beta
-Fixed- Possible coruption in winvnc.exe from reshacking
-Added- Embed option "lock" to prevent editing of host/port 0=allow both 1=lock both 2=lock host only 3=lock port only
-Changed- Multiple host seperator character changed from "," to ";"
-Changed- Changed the way the embed option "site" works, it will now execute a command at the command prompt using the windows cmd.exe "start"
directive, if you specifiy a URL with a prefix thats properly set by your browser like "http://" then this will open it in that default browser
-Changed- New embed/settings dialog and backend.
-Added- Make URL option in embed dialog
-Added- "Save" option in embed window will only update the currenlty loaded settings (many changes are not noticable by doing this)
-Added- Ability to add a non selectable host list item by adding a friendly name with no value, ex: [Please Select A Tech];[John]192.168.0.1;[--Alternative Techs--];[Allyssa]host2.teammc.cc
-Note- Changes will only be available in the changelog available in the SRC zip, or online documentation

http://teammc.cc/uvnc/more
http://teammc.cc/uvnc/?s=beta&host=myhost
JohnMC

Post by JohnMC »

BenCh wrote:Sorry to just jump in, but I've been reading through the forum and this seems very interesting to me. I am a computer support tech and am looking for a good remote solution. I am hoping to be able to remote in to my clients computer while I am away from my office. Will this do that? Seems I noticed something about a repeater being supported at some point. I suspect that is what I will need so that I don't have to rely a IP address forwarding at my end. If I am in a hotel or some other form of high speed internet where I do not have control over the router then I could not setup the needed forward. Let me know if your solution can do what I am looking for and if not, will it in the future? I am sure I am not the only one with this need. Thank you.

Ben
If you setup a UVNC repeater you could do this, you would follow the UVNC instructions regarding repeaters and when you setup my program you would use a host like this: "192.168.0.1 ID:1234" or if when you embed it if you want it to look nice "[John (Direct)]123.123.1.1,[John (Rep)]192.168.0.1 ID:1234"
Last edited by JohnMC on 2009-07-08 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
grolak

Post by grolak »

Hi John,

Thank you for a great piece of software. I think I have found a bug which should be easily fixed.

Example steps to reproduce (in new beta):

1.Embed and save the following host string
"[Tech 1]anywhere:5501;[Tech 2]anywhere:5502"

2. Try to connect and you will see that it ignores the port given in the host string and instead uses the one in the port textbox.

Behaviour is the same both in the current release and the new beta.