Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Remote Support System - Client Support Made Easy

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
helsby

Remote Support System v1.3 - Client Support Made Easy

Post by helsby »

As the old thread is closed, this is the new location as requested.

[mod=494,1123182565]merged topic to original topic, need published from the owner information update her software, no more request or comment from users for the vnc related software and unlocked because is a free software for no business usage[/mod]
Last edited by helsby on 2005-08-04 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
helsby

Runtime error 424 object required.

Post by helsby »

Am getting this when running on the client. The "Not For Commercial Use" logo is on the screen.
Client is a win98 machine.
The standard single click client works fine though.
Last edited by helsby on 2005-08-04 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
sbostedor

Re: Remote Support System v1.3 - Client Support Made Easy

Post by sbostedor »

helsby wrote:As the old thread is closed, this is the new location as requested.
This is NOT a free piece of software. It is commercial just like VNCScan, Smartcode, or any of the other ones. In fact, it's way more expensive than any of them.

We'll discuss this in the moderator forums, though. I'll leave it unlocked until we come to an agreement.
Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
Super Simple UltraVNC Management
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Remote Support System is free for non-commecial use. Commercial use requires registration. Unlike many products that are out there, you are NOT limited to a single connection address which is staticlly assigned to your client.exe file. Also there is no per seat licensing, if its 1 or 1,000 copies, the price is the same. Thanks for your help mods.
Oliver
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by Oliver »

@cheaha: If you want, I'll remove the mod-tags from the first post in this topic so you can add this information there ;)

The problem is that usually the mod-tags are placed to prevent the original poster from editing the post afterwards. Here it is not intended.
Oliver

How to Report Bugs Effectively
My homepage | WinDirStat
PGP-keys:
  • Forum or UltraVNC-related: 0xA2DD1DBD, E18B 2E2F 4F3E D143 4ED4 3E2B E172 FB55 A2DD 1DBD
  • Other matters: 0x0E88590F, 38B5 5EBA A470 C0F7 0942 81B8 C779 D829 0E88 590F
Raistlfiren

Post by Raistlfiren »

How did you uninstall the program from your system? Do you have to deleete everything manually? I do not see any uninstall anywhere in my add/remove programs and other places...
aismike

Problems with current version

Post by aismike »

Tried used version 1.3.1, but got several problems. Hope you
can she some light on them :

- if non-US phone number is selected, other characters should be
allowed, as per the relevant ITU standard, e.g., + , () and -

- Support.exe was generated successfully but is only 48Kbytes;
also it would not run but immediately stop with this error
window:

7-Zip - Unspecified error

- an uninstallation procedure is needed

Some things I'd really like to see in the final product:

- a log should be available to assist in any problem (like
unsuccessful client generation, errors in support.exe like
the one above, etc.)

- client generation of support.exe should not require to be
online; let the user be responsible for entering a correct
e-mail address !

- installation of listener should not be tied to execution
AND CONNECTION of Support.exe, since the listener itself is
nedded for connection; so it must be possible to install it
independently and BEFORE running Support.exe for connection.

Michele Montagni
Michele Montagni
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Raistlfiren wrote:How did you uninstall the program from your system? Do you have to deleete everything manually? I do not see any uninstall anywhere in my add/remove programs and other places...
Uninstall Added.
cheaha

Re: Problems with current version

Post by cheaha »

aismike wrote:Tried used version 1.3.1, but got several problems. Hope you
can she some light on them :

- if non-US phone number is selected, other characters should be
allowed, as per the relevant ITU standard, e.g., + , () and -
- Support.exe was generated successfully but is only 48Kbytes;
also it would not run but immediately stop with this error
window:
7-Zip - Unspecified error
- an uninstallation procedure is needed
Some things I'd really like to see in the final product:
- a log should be available to assist in any problem (like
unsuccessful client generation, errors in support.exe like
the one above, etc.)
- client generation of support.exe should not require to be
online; let the user be responsible for entering a correct
e-mail address !
- installation of listener should not be tied to execution
AND CONNECTION of Support.exe, since the listener itself is
nedded for connection; so it must be possible to install it
independently and BEFORE running Support.exe for connection.
Michele Montagni
Okay Michele,

The non-US phone number now support non Numberic digits. As for debugging, there is a way to generate a log, please PM me for details. The reason listener is installed via a remote connection, is because you need to be able install it remotely. To install it manually simply copy Listener.exe from you source folder to a USB key or Floppy or whatever. On the system you want to install it on, copy that file to "C:\Program Files\Your Compay Name" and run it.
Raistlfiren

Post by Raistlfiren »

I tryed to go to the Add/Remove Programs area, but could not find where to remove it at...
Rat
helsby

Post by helsby »

any clues on the "Post subject: Runtime error 424 object required." as posted above?
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Raistlfiren wrote:I tryed to go to the Add/Remove Programs area, but could not find where to remove it at...
Rat
Version 1.3.2 includes the uninstaller. The link for download is on page one of this thread.
Raistlfiren

Post by Raistlfiren »

It is version 1.3.1 on page 1 of this thread...
Rat
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Raistlfiren wrote:It is version 1.3.1 on page 1 of this thread...
Rat
Thanks, updated the link. Versions 1.2.1 and above have the auto-update feature, so if you can't ever find the latest version, just download and install the version you can find and it will prompt you to upgrade.
cheaha

Remote Support System - Forum

Post by cheaha »

A new forum has been created to support the Remote Support System. This is not a replacement for conversations on this forum, just a supliment. Feel free to visit and register there. All new announcments and updates will appear there first. Thanks.

Remote Support System - Support Forum
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-09-08 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
aismike

Correct link for new forum

Post by aismike »

It appears the link on your message is wrong (http://www.rdhllc.net/phpBB/index.php)

The correct link is http://www.rdhllc.net/forum/index.php

Also, on the home page is says that the current
version is 1.4, but the Download.com page reports it still
as 1.3.1 .

Michele
Michele Montagni
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Both of you are correct. The download.com webpage takes several days to update. Any newer version has an auto-update feature.
cheaha

New Webhost

Post by cheaha »

I have been trying a new webhost for rdhllc.net and they are having some issues. The site has been up/down for two days now. Just and FYI. I'll get back to you when my headaches are over. Thanks.

-EDIT-
Site seems to be okay again. Forum back online. Go HERE
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-08-24 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
sbostedor

Re: New Webhost

Post by sbostedor »

cheaha wrote:I have been trying a new webhost for rdhllc.net and they are having some issues. The site has been up/down for two days now. Just and FYI. I'll get back to you when my headaches are over. Thanks.
You might want to try http://www.webhost4life.com

They are very reliable.
Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
Super Simple UltraVNC Management
cheaha

HelpdeskVNC vs SC vs Remote Support System

Post by cheaha »

There was a very good question asked about the differences between Remote Support System and other versions of SC. Please read here for a detailed answers about cost, features, and pricing structure.

[post=15490]HelpdeskVNC vs SD vs Remote Support System[/post]
cheaha

RSS Version 1.7

Post by cheaha »

Checkout version 1.7 for an entirely new feature set.
redge

Post by redge »

cheaha,

did you give back some code source you improved to your RSS 1.7 to UltraVNC community source code ?

Why ?
Because, you take advantage and now you do business for win money based on free open source GPL software.

Now, you diseappear for only take care your "own" modified UltraVNC SC named [topic=3387]Remote Support System - Client Support Made Easy[/topic] on vnc related products
and just come back here to tell you have a new build.

Please fair play do like [user=2331][/user] and [user=400][/user] help UltraVNC forum and published some code fix help developpers staff and sometime, their make available their own fully working software without nagged screen. :roll:

[mod=494,1148692097]moved from SC to VNC related products RSS[/mod]
Last edited by redge on 2006-05-27 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
T313C0mun1s7

What not to do in a post

Post by T313C0mun1s7 »

redge,

Please do not hijack other peoples threads with things that have nothing to do with the original post topic. As the thread owner I find this very upsetting.

Also Cheaha had created something that no one else has been able to, and many other products are attempting to copy. His code is not within the open source, but kept separate and link to from the open source code. You are just pissed off because you want access to what he has done and can not get it. Go cry to your mommy - BUT DON'T DO IT HERE!! Cheaha has every right to make a living off his work.

Because you don't seem to have the ability to tell what is appropriate and what is not when posting I have reported you to the mods. Just because you are a very active forum citizen, does not make you a GOOD forum citizen. I should know as I own several forums myself and your post would have gotten you an automatic warning, a second would have gotten you banned.
redge wrote:cheaha,

did you give back some code source you improved to your RSS 1.7 to UltraVNC community source code ?

Why ?
Because, you take advantage and now you do business for win money based on free open source GPL software.

Now, you diseappear for only take care your "own" modified UltraVNC SC named [topic=3387]Remote Support System - Client Support Made Easy[/topic] on vnc related products
and just come back here to tell you have a new build.

Please fair play do like [user=2331][/user] and [user=400][/user] help UltraVNC forum and published some code fix help developpers staff and sometime, their make available their own fully working software without nagged screen. :roll:
forum rules numbers four and five, emphasis added wrote: # Avoid any political statement, because this is meant for technical discussions and also do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
# If you read an potentially offensive posting, assume the best intention first. In case it is really meant offensive (usually one can recognize this during a discussion) notify a moderator.
[mod=2,1148723126]Kept for conservation[/mod]
Last edited by T313C0mun1s7 on 2006-05-27 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
LoopZ

Re: What not to do in a post

Post by LoopZ »

T313C0mun1s7 wrote:redge,

Also Cheaha had created something that no one else has been able to, and many other products are attempting to copy. His code is not within

what is not when posting I have reported you to the mods. Just because
That sounds almost like a challenge for someone. Other than emailing invoices and nice graphics its all just open source collected together and zipped up nice. It is a nice collection of open source and has nice pictures but other programs have been doing what his does longer then him so why would anybody copy him copying other people.

Lay off Reg, he's one of the best things this forum has to offer. Didn't you notice that he is a mod? You are the one that should be banned for the attitude and language. Go away and preach your hype somewhere people might care.[mod=2,1148723151]Kept for conservation[/mod]
UltraSam
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by UltraSam »

Ok.

Gentlemen, let's try to keep cool, please.

It's a fact that numerous commercial or semi-commercial products are based on UltraVNC implementations and codebase.

That's why the "VNC-Related product" entry has been created.

Some people that develop and sell those products give back some of their time, experience, bug fixes, code snippets, solutions, help on the forum, tech support... and some don't return anything.

For me, it's ok. I mean, I prefer people who give something back and help us, but everyone has to make a life and can do it based on UltraVNC team's work, as soon as he respects the -GPL and forum- rules.

If people do not return anything in exchange, it's a pity, but maybe they simply have no time to do it, and anyway their commercial work shows to the whole community what great things can be done using UltraVNC.

To T313C0mun1s7: IMHO, Redge might have made a little mistake in this case (by moving the post here) but I don't think it justifies such an excessive reaction, even from the thread owner.

Please, let's all just try to be constructive again.
It would be a pity to have to close the "VNC related products" topic.
UltraSam
Oliver
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by Oliver »

Hello from the forum owner of this forum,

the admins (namely [user=12]UltraSam[/user] and I) are now taking over to handle this "crisis" and redge will not perform any actions on this thread until things have been resolved. Until then we will not allow any posts that refer to the posts of redge, T313C0mun1s7 and LoopZ! Any such posts will be removed without further notice.
Please remember that this is a technical forum.[onlymod]Hello moderators,

please let the admins handle this thread from this point. We may decide later to put it back to normal, but I don't like to have any such aggression in a technical forum!

Oliver
[/onlymod]
Oliver

How to Report Bugs Effectively
My homepage | WinDirStat
PGP-keys:
  • Forum or UltraVNC-related: 0xA2DD1DBD, E18B 2E2F 4F3E D143 4ED4 3E2B E172 FB55 A2DD 1DBD
  • Other matters: 0x0E88590F, 38B5 5EBA A470 C0F7 0942 81B8 C779 D829 0E88 590F
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Wow,
Just checked back here for the first time in a few days. Ok, yes the binaries for RSS are segmented from the UltraVNC project (and aren't even C++), so there is no source code to release in relation to the UltraVNC project, if there was it would surely be made available. We do work with UltraVNC, and are currently looking to make some improvements, and as soon as they are made they will be released to the public, but they won't be incorporated until after a fix for VISTA is found.

Too, since we don't have open source code to donate (see above), we have instead made Paypal donations to the cause. Keep up the great work, and thanks to RSS supporters.

Cheers to all,
Last edited by cheaha on 2006-07-23 02:28, edited 3 times in total.
lokkju

Re: Remote Support System - Client Support Made Easy

Post by lokkju »

I just wish people would realize how GPL on stuff works.

To summerize:

If you use *any* GPL sourcecode, then all code that links to it is also GPL'd. If you make any changes to GPL'd code, those changes are GPL'd.
If you compile and distribute any GPL'd code, then anyone who recieves a copy of the binary has the right to also obtain a copy of the full source code for that binary - there are no execptions to this.

In simple terms, if you add additional functionality to the SC binary itself - additional options in the helpdesk file, etc - you *must* give a copy of the sourcecode for that binary to anyone who recieves a copy of the binary.
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Exactly, RSS does not modify any GPL binaries, nor is it programatically linked to the internal structure of said GPL code. This being said, the source code for the unmodified GPL code is readily available for download from our site.
Last edited by cheaha on 2006-10-20 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
techieg

Post by techieg »

On client setup (to generate invoice) as in the following link http://www.remotesupportsystem.com/imag ... up_lrg.jpg (the green area), I as well as other techies would like to be able to configure hourly rates, half hour rates, service discounts, etc. To replace what is currently the "Per Minute Charge" box, we would like three rows of one drop down list on each row to the left each with one textbox to the right, the first two drop downlist should have the following options; First Hour Charge, Per Hour Charge, Per Half Hour Charge, Per 15 Minute Charge, Per Minute Charge, and None. This will help those of us that have a flat hourly or initial hour rates to set that in the first row, then go ahead to set subsequent rates (if any) in the second row, otherwise we can select None from the drop down list(s). I personally have not come across anyone that works "Per Minute", either way other options will create a lot of flexibility and be preferred and very well appreciated by a lot of us, hence improving the feature-set of this great application. The default entry for the first of both drop down list should be "Select Primary Charges" and the second drop down list it should be "Select Alternate Charges", on the rightmost end on each of these two rows should be a checkbox to enable the rates as fixed without need to change/enter them everytime, hence making it standard set rates.
The drop down list on the third row is the service discount options and should have the following options; New Client Discount, Referral Disount, Senior Discount, Academic Discount, Non-Profit Discount, Government Discount, Other, and None. There should be another textbox next to it which should enable one enter the discount value (for example; 20%). This will enable one apply appropriate discount incentives to applicable/ eligible clients who help us generate business or otherwise eligible for service discounts that any of us may offer. And for those who do not offer any form of discount or for ineligible clients we can select None from the drop down list, default entry should be "Select discount type", obviously None should carry a default value of 0%.
At the top of this green area where these settings are made, in between of after the "Generate Invoice" and "Bill Client" options there should be a third option called "Display" also with a checkbox to enable or disable the display of "Connection Charge" and "Per Duration Charge" as in the following link http://www.remotesupportsystem.com/imag ... izzard.jpg , this is important because when we have clients on certain contract basis this information is billed to their accounts differently and such charges which are worded under (sealed) contracts between our end and the clients' business office are kept away from users on clients' network. What will be needed to display regardless is the support timer so both ends can see the amount of time spent on the session.
Even better, if you can make it possible for us to create custom entries that fit our support environment or clients. The above suggested menus should go between the "Connection Fee" option and "Email Subject" box.
I would like to hear the opinion of others on this suggestion, please.
Last edited by techieg on 2006-11-19 19:33, edited 5 times in total.