Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Remote Support System - Client Support Made Easy

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
bardlover

Billing?

Post by bardlover »

I see the that on the splash screen you have some billing options. Does it keep track of the time? does the Connected time appear on both your side and Client, what about price? Does it show Time or Dollars? Server or Client?

Then as if that weren't enough questions :) What do you use to bill out on that time? Paypal? Built in? Ability to Pause the Billing clock? Maybe this should be in New Feature requests :) And what is the price to register it for commercial as stated by Cheata:
Free for non-commercial use, commercial use requires registration.
cheaha

Re: Billing?

Post by cheaha »

bardlover wrote:I see the that on the splash screen you have some billing options. Does it keep track of the time? does the Connected time appear on both your side and Client, what about price? Does it show Time or Dollars? Server or Client?

Then as if that weren't enough questions :) What do you use to bill out on that time? Paypal? Built in? Ability to Pause the Billing clock? Maybe this should be in New Feature requests :) And what is the price to register it for commercial as stated by Cheata:
Yes the program keeps track of total session time, even through remote reboots. The time appears on the screen so that the client and you can see it. The billing per minute charge and connection charge are set by you. Hope this helps.
bardlover

payment

Post by bardlover »

How Do you arrange Payment though? You can ask for CC info up front, but what if it is bogus? I can setup a temp paypal account for people in 2 min and run CC for .01 but just trying to figure out how you do it.
Shaba1

build error

Post by Shaba1 »

Ok I downloaded 1.2.1 every time I try to build the exectuable with client exe I get a dialog that pops up that says "The was a build error,please try again"
SlimShady

Re: build error

Post by SlimShady »

Shaba1 wrote:Ok I downloaded 1.2.1 every time I try to build the exectuable with client exe I get a dialog that pops up that says "The was a build error,please try again"
I believe you need to install 7-Zip.
Shaba1

Re: build error

Post by Shaba1 »

SlimShady wrote:
Shaba1 wrote:Ok I downloaded 1.2.1 every time I try to build the exectuable with client exe I get a dialog that pops up that says "The was a build error,please try again"
I believe you need to install 7-Zip.
\

I have 7zip installed. And have had it install since cheega Produced the previous version of this program. One thing I did notice is that everytime I run client.exe my hard disk space drops to almost nothing and I get a low disk space warning
cheaha

Win95 98

Post by cheaha »

Shady1

Your problem may be realated to 95/98. I told you there may have been some issues, that's why I had the builder specified for 2000/xp/2003 etc. I need to speak with you on the phone to work out your issues. Everyone else going okay?

BTW...don't think you need to install 7zip anymore. I figured out a way around that.
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-07-15 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
cheaha

Re: payment

Post by cheaha »

bardlover wrote:How Do you arrange Payment though? You can ask for CC info up front, but what if it is bogus? I can setup a temp paypal account for people in 2 min and run CC for .01 but just trying to figure out how you do it.
In the builder goto Register Online it's all taken care of. I appreciate the offer, but most consider PayPal to be secure enough. Thanks Bardlover !
Last edited by cheaha on 2005-07-15 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
cheaha

Help

Post by cheaha »

Help updated again. See 3rd topic down in thread.
jt

source code link broken

Post by jt »

cheaha,

Thank you for your efforts on this product and to all the UltraVNC developers!

When I installed REMOTE ASSISTANCE 1.2.1, the bottom of the license included a link to download the source code to keep in compliance with the GPL open source license requirements. The link is broken.

http://162.39.252.220/RHLLC/SOURCE.ZIP

This link seems to be broken. Is there an updated location?

Thx
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Yes there is a typo I'll fix it next release

http://162.39.252.220/RDHLLC/SOURCE.ZIP
cheaha

Version

Post by cheaha »

Version 1.3 Released.

What's New:

Client Setup Builder: Two new options by user requst. You can now edit the company logo via the registration menu.

Help Files: Added help file documentation for all programs.
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

I got an email asking who was the "target" when this was designed. The answer: Businesses who are trying to provide support to a 'known' and 'unknown' client base. By using this system one shoule be able to do %97 of anything they could do by phsically sitting at the clients PC. Hope this helps.
Nevillem

Cannot build executable

Post by Nevillem »

I am trying to build the executable but get "checking Internet for your email server" and nothing happens what am I doing wrong?
cheaha

Re: Cannot build executable

Post by cheaha »

Nevillem wrote:I am trying to build the executable but get "checking Internet for your email server" and nothing happens what am I doing wrong?
At this point, the builder is trying to check the internet and determine the address of the receiving email server for your email address. This is known as the MX record. You must be connected to the internet the first time you specify your email address.

If it never returns a from checking, try testing it with a different email address. If this works, then it simply a matter of manually entering your MX value manually. I can help you do that. But try a different email address first.
tareef

Post by tareef »

cheaha wrote:
At this point, the builder is trying to check the internet and determine the address of the receiving email server for your email address. This is known as the MX record. You must be connected to the internet the first time you specify your email address.

If it never returns a from checking, try testing it with a different email address. If this works, then it simply a matter of manually entering your MX value manually. I can help you do that. But try a different email address first.
Hello, I am having the same issue. I have tried 3 different email addresses, it still hangs.

Thanks,
Tareef
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

tareef wrote:
cheaha wrote:

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have tried 3 different email addresses, it still hangs.

Thanks,
Tareef
PM me your email address, and I'll send you the MX record for your domain. I'll then tell you what to do.
scrungy_doolittle_is_here

Re: Shaba

Post by scrungy_doolittle_is_here »

cheaha wrote:The installation limitation is really more of a recausion than a requirement and is self-imposed. I will remove it from the installtion requirements soon. I am working on a new piece that will hopefully be ready this week. It allows for Server initiated reverse client connections.

In english, you can request that a client connect to you, and it will do so, bypassing any local firewalls, and without the requirements of you having access to configure thier firewall or router.

This can be helpful for repeat customers.
When will this be available? This is exactly what I want to do.
The situation is this:
I am a remote office. 180+ miles away from the main corp office. I have
had the responsiblity for the office network dumped on me. I do NOT want the main corp server to be listening for a VNC viewer connection, especially since it is deep behind a firewall. We are planning a VPN link, but that currently is not in place.

I need something like SC to just sit on the server, and at a given time AUTOMATICALLY initiate a connection out to my remote office. When I disconnect, it should NOT remove and uninstall it's self. I can't find a way to do this with the normal VNC.
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

That feature already availible in version 1.3 availible for download now. Just download, install, and read the help file. Download Install Here.
scrungy_doolittle

initial configuration

Post by scrungy_doolittle »

I have downloaded remote system 1.3 and am attempting to build it.
some Questions:

How does helpdesk.txt fit into this? I found a .ini file that seemed to have the configuration in it that is built by the configuration program, but the quick start for SC indicates that you have to put stuff into helpdesk.txt and I don't find a sample helpdesk.txt file in the folder created when installing 1.3

2. How do you generate an RC4 key. I installed vnc server and viewer on my system, but it can't find the dms file. I copied it to the root c:\ as suggested in another post in one of the vnc forums.

3. I have downloaded the vnc source, but don't really see a way to compile it for the remote system 1.3. I would like to do 2 things:

1. change the encryption algorithm a bit (either implement AES, IDEA or blowfish). If that is not possible, then change the Sboxes slightly for the 3DES version or make a slight change to rc4. The goal is to create a version that CANNOT be communicated with other than from two specifically configured machines, so I can run it in a secure corporate server for remote control.

2. I don't want it to delete it's self from the system when it closes. It has to stay on the server and be invoked periodically (and NOT by being contacted by someone on the outside). It needs to connect securly back to a hard coded address (my machine). I am the system admin for the company server located in Dallas, and I am in an office 180 miles away. The office server heavily firewalled, and my machine is firewalled. I don't want the server responding to connection requests from someone else, and don't want someone other than the two authorized local offices (one in Austin, one here) to be able to communicate with the main server.

Cheers
Woody
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

The helpdesk.txt file is not part of the system as far as the user is conserend. It is generated in real-time for the connection only.

To generate a new RC4 Key...just follow UltraVNC's directions, and replace the .key file in the c:\program files\remote support\source folder with the new key you genereated. As of now Remote Support system only supports the standated encryption, no AES etc.

There is NO reason for you to compile anything, everything you need for the remote support system to work is included in the installer.

Run the server on your machine, use the client builder to create your client.exe, post the client.exe to your website, and your good to go.
gcooper

Linux vncviewer

Post by gcooper »

Hi,

I just downloaded and I'm evaluating for commercial use. It looks really nice, but I have a small problem: Though other technicians use Windows desktops at the office, I don't (and I'm the boss, so I don't have to, he he). I normally use Terminal Services and VMware for my windows needs, but they are not ideal for remote support.

Is there any way to use a Linux vncviewer (I always use command line) to be a 'server' (support provider) on this system?

Thanks much. I know you get bombarded with goofy requests, but Linux is the future... ;-)

Gene
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Yes, it can be done by changing the embedded version of winvnc to a linux compatible version. This is the short answer to your question. If you are considering this for a commercial use, I would be happy to work with you towards a resolution to your unique problem.
P.S. We are speaking of the server side only, not a linux compatible client.
xbx14

Remote Support vs SCIII

Post by xbx14 »

I apologise for the dumb question but I have to ask ... :oops: ...What's the main difference between your Remote Support and SCIII? I've managed to get SC up and running, so now I can assist my aunt from home. I have to now consider trialling SCIII with the repeater to get out through our company's firewall so I can help her from my work. Should I use SCIII or is the Remote Support so much easier to configure, and does it go through most firewalls?

Re: Remote Support vs SCIII

Post by Guest »

xbx14 wrote:I apologise for the dumb question but I have to ask ... :oops: ...What's the main difference between your Remote Support and SCIII? I've managed to get SC up and running, so now I can assist my aunt from home. I have to now consider trialling SCIII with the repeater to get out through our company's firewall so I can help her from my work. Should I use SCIII or is the Remote Support so much easier to configure, and does it go through most firewalls?
Not a stupid question at all. From what I understand SCIII uses SSL to provide a tunnel that will not only traverse firewalls, but proxy servers too. This is not really needed by most people. With SCIII, I may be wrong but I think that the use of the repeater is required.

Remote Support will allow you traverse firewalls just like SC and SCIII, just not proxy servers. But very few people are dealing with proxy servers on a day to day basis.

Remote Support adds MANY features to the UltraVNC package, and also makes it much easier to configure.

Hope this helps.
gcooper

Evaluation Questions

Post by gcooper »

cheaha wrote:Yes, it can be done by changing the embedded version of winvnc to a linux compatible version. This is the short answer to your question. If you are considering this for a commercial use, I would be happy to work with you towards a resolution to your unique problem.
P.S. We are speaking of the server side only, not a linux compatible client.
Hi again,

We've spent some time with the evaluation and we are impressed. We are probably going to license this for ourselves as well as one of our customers that needs this capability. In fact, I got approval for the customer and I'm scheduled to install it for them and show them how to use it tomorrow.

This customer mostly works with remote clients running Wndows, but as they are in the photo business, they also have a significant number of clients with Macs.

So, I have two requests:

1) Linux support provider capability - don't need full-boat support, just basic vncviewer compatibility

2) Mac client support - again maybe all I need is a workaround

Regardless, we'll get you at least one new commercial licensee.

Please contact me:

Gene Cooper
Sonora Communications, Inc.
520-293-8461 x101
gcoooper (at) sonoracomm.com
cheaha

Post by cheaha »

Basic Linux and Mac capiblity for the Technician side shouldn't be a problem; however you realize that FileTransfer and Chat will not be possible with those systems.

What will basically be done for those instances is a VNC compatible UltraVNC alternative will be used on the technician side. Good news is, the way Remote Support System was created, you won't lose ANY of the features that Remote Support System adds. ( reboot, safemode, icons removal, timer, invoice, etc.)

Glad you liked it, and I look forward to hearing back from you.
cheaha

Re: Evaluation Questions

Post by cheaha »

gcooper wrote:
1) Linux support provider capability - don't need full-boat support, just basic vncviewer compatibility

2) Mac client support - again maybe all I need is a workaround

Regardless, we'll get you at least one new commercial licensee.

Gene,
For your Remote Support Client to be able to give your Linux box control, you must specify an additional option at the technician's linux command line.

Please add the [-encodings hextile ] switch to the command line when
running in listen mode. This will hopefully solve your issue when
having a Remote Support Client connect to your Linux Technician PC.

Please let us know if this solved your issue.
jstone

Post by jstone »

cheaha, I can't seem to download your latest version. I'm anxious to take a look at your latest effort.
sbostedor

Post by sbostedor »

Please move this thread to http://forum.ultravnc.net/viewforum.php?f=27

The easiest way to do this is to create a new thread in that forum and post any future updates/communication in that thread.

This thread will be removed from this location in 3 days. This is a commercial product and it needs to be grouped with the rest of them.

Thank you!
Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
Super Simple UltraVNC Management