Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

OneClick:Win8/7/Vista VNC Helpdesk Remote Support System

This forum is for VNC related products | This means not only UltraVNC | It even is allowed to announce or describe commercial (and of course non-commercial) programs here (but not anywhere else in the forum)
kevineaton77

Re: OneClick with Auto-Reconnect Service Mode & Safe Mod

Post by kevineaton77 »

is there a version for linux or mac?
Home and Business IT support with No-fix, No fee and free telephone support in Bershire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire....

http://www.247ComputerDoctor.com
spm

Post by spm »

Having looked at OneClick recently, I like what I see, and am looking to purchase a commercial-use licence. However, there are a couple of issues I'd like addressed first...

1. When run on the remote machine, OneClick adds exceptions to the WinXP firewall. Why? SC calls out to the support technician, and doesn't require incoming ports opened in the firewall. I'd really rather exceptions were not created.

2. From posts elsewhere on this forum, the suggestion is that SC might not be developed for compatibility with Vista. If this is true, then presumably OneClick will not be useful for Vista.

I don't mean to knock OneClick - quite the contrary, I find it an excellent product - but I do wish to get a handle on these issues. TIA.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:Having looked at OneClick recently, I like what I see, and am looking to purchase a commercial-use licence. However, there are a couple of issues I'd like addressed first...

1. When run on the remote machine, OneClick adds exceptions to the WinXP firewall. Why? SC calls out to the support technician, and doesn't require incoming ports opened in the firewall. I'd really rather exceptions were not created.

2. From posts elsewhere on this forum, the suggestion is that SC might not be developed for compatibility with Vista. If this is true, then presumably OneClick will not be useful for Vista.
The XP firewall exception has been removed in later versions. It was a leftover from some experimental inbound remote start features that are no longer needed.

I can't answer for SC and Vista support. I'm not part of the development team. If SC doesn't support Vista we will probably replace the SC executables with a stripped down version of DualDesk.

The new OneClick release is 1.8.1 and has the RemoteStart module in it. RemoteStart runs as a service so you can start the remote session even if there is no user logged on. RemoteStart is really only useful for the registered version since any prompts (like the non-commercial use prompt) will prevent it from auto-connecting. It is available at:

http://www.advantig.com/oneclick
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

kevineaton77 wrote:is there a version for linux or mac?
There is not a UVNC SingleClick for Linux or Mac so there is not a OneClick for them at this time.
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:The XP firewall exception has been removed in later versions. It was a leftover from some experimental inbound remote start features that are no longer needed.

I can't answer for SC and Vista support. I'm not part of the development team. If SC doesn't support Vista we will probably replace the SC executables with a stripped down version of DualDesk.

The new OneClick release is 1.8.1 and has the RemoteStart module in it. RemoteStart runs as a service so you can start the remote session even if there is no user logged on. RemoteStart is really only useful for the registered version since any prompts (like the non-commercial use prompt) will prevent it from auto-connecting. It is available at:

Thanks for that. Having now downloaded the latest build (1.8.1), I am having problems...

1. If I run the creator in interactive mode, it creates a helpdesk.txt file which appears to be invalid. Here is an excerpt:

Code: Select all

[HOST]
Internet support"
-plugin -connect server:port -noregistry"
"
[TEXTTOP]"
Double-Click to make a connection"
"
[TEXTMIDDLE]"
Before making a connection"
"
(I have shown a dummy server:port here for privacy reasons.)

As you can see, the quotation marks are all out of place.

2. In interactive mode, when I tell the creator to read the helpdesk.txt file from a URL, it still adds an auto-generated helpdesk.txt file to the OneClick.exe archive.

3. If I run the creator by passing a URL on its command line, the generated OneClick.exe, when run, complains if I do not place a helpdesk.txt file in the "SC Source" folder. Why? It should be downloading from the URL specified.

4. Other than in 3., OneClick.exe always fails. When I run it, it causes the "WinVNC Usage" error box to be displayed, presumably because WinVNC.exe is being passed an invalid command line by OneClick.

I'd appreciate your help with these issues.[/code]
spm

Post by spm »

Further to my post above, issue 4. should be disregarded. What I did, after installation of OneClick, was to update the version 1.1.0.0 of winvnc.exe and vnchooks.dll in the SC Source folder with the later version 1.1.0.2 equivalents (taken from the latest UVNC distribution). This is what caused the "WinVNC Usage" error. Now I have reverted to the older versions you include with OneClick, and all is well (though my issues 1 - 3 remain).

I guess I should stop fiddling :wink:. That said, it would perhaps be prudent to update OneClick to work with (and redistribute) the 1.1.0.2 version of WinVNC.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:1. If I run the creator in interactive mode, it creates a helpdesk.txt file which appears to be invalid. Here is an excerpt:

Code: Select all

[HOST]
Internet support"
-plugin -connect server:port -noregistry"
"
The quotes shouldn't have been there (obviously). A file was corrupt. It's been fixed and new setup uploaded.

The helpdesk.txt file is replaced by the downloaded version but to save space it should probably be eliminated from the package. I'll work on it.

I didn't know there was an updated SC. I'll download it.

Thanks for the info...
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:The quotes shouldn't have been there (obviously). A file was corrupt. It's been fixed and new setup uploaded.
Thanks - got it now.
pgmoney wrote:The helpdesk.txt file is replaced by the downloaded version but to save space it should probably be eliminated from the package. I'll work on it.

I didn't know there was an updated SC. I'll download it.

Thanks for the info...
You're welcome. I'll go buy a licence now...
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

hi guys.

have been testing out the software and think i have found a problem.

i was connecting to a pc behind a nat router.

connection was fine, and i could control his machine just fine.

when i pushed the button that removes their ability to see the screen and control their own computer on the toolbar at the top of the screen, the connection cut off on both sides (his remote screen on my PC closed itself and he then had no internet access, nor did anoter pc on his network)

we had to reboot his router (a netgear wgt624 v2, then plugged into a voyager 200 modem) and his pc, and then when his pc rebooted, a msgbox with "WinVNC Usage" as a title with just an "ok" button on it appeared repeatedly.

ok, its possible that a massive coincidence occured....his router choose to get its knickers in a twist at that precise moment, (but i dont think so personally)

any known issues along these lines? ive googled it, but dont get any usefull results. can you help shed some light on this please?

cheers
kev
Home and Business IT support with No-fix, No fee and free telephone support in Bershire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire....

pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

kevineaton77 wrote:when i pushed the button that removes their ability to see the screen and control their own computer on the toolbar at the top of the screen, the connection cut off on both sides (his remote screen on my PC closed itself and he then had no internet access, nor did anoter pc on his network)
It sounds like the screen blanking process caused a serious glitch. I haven't experienced this myself but I'll see if I can duplicate it on some routers here.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

Version 1.8.2 is now available. It doesn't add the helpdesk.txt file to the executable if using web-based configuration. I'll work on the passing of the URL on the command line to the creator problem next.

I downloaded the latest SC package from the online creator and it appears to be the same version, date and size as what is in the OneClick distribution so it should be current.

OneClick v1.8.2 available at:
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:Version 1.8.2 is now available. It doesn't add the helpdesk.txt file to the executable if using web-based configuration.
With 1.8.2. I still get an error on startup of OneClick.exe: "Session cannot be initiated... (helpdesk.txt) Critical files are missing". I have confirmed that the web-based txt file is present at the URL specified during creation (it can be read without problem by entering the URL into a browser, say).
pgmoney wrote:I downloaded the latest SC package from the online creator and it appears to be the same version, date and size as what is in the OneClick distribution so it should be current.
Mmm. I just downloaded the UltraVNC 1.0.2. binaries again, and the version of winvnc.exe there is 1.1.0.2, while that you include with OneClick is the older 1.1.0.0. The UltraVNC setup distributable also installs 1.1.0.2.

[Edit] Ah, I just re-read your post ... you are using the current SC distribution, which has not been updated with the bug-fixed winvnc.exe 1.1.0.2, whereas I obtain it from the main UVNC distribution.
Last edited by spm on 2006-10-19 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:With 1.8.2. I still get an error on startup of OneClick.exe: "Session cannot be initiated... (helpdesk.txt) Critical files are missing". I have confirmed that the web-based txt file is present at the URL specified during creation (it can be read without problem by entering the URL into a browser, say).
Sorry, I forgot to remove a line in the code I was using to debug. It's fixed.
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:Sorry, I forgot to remove a line in the code I was using to debug. It's fixed.
Thanks for that.
pgmoney wrote:I'll work on the passing of the URL on the command line to the creator problem next.
Do you have a fix for this yet?
kevineaton77

Post by kevineaton77 »

hi, further to the problem i reported with screen blanking ,( see previous message in this thread) i want to add that ever since that problem occured, the remote PC has been having serious IE and Outlook issues, both hang very quickly and have to be shut down with task manager and restarted.

can you let me know if there is anything that might have caused this in your code? .....i need to fix this issue.

luckily, its not a customer, its my brothers PC, so im not in really deep water, but he's not very happy.

any pointers? i dont want to have to reinstall both IE and outlook if i can help it....both are wired very closely to the OS core as you guys well know, and the potential for further catastrophe elevates!

please let me know.

cheers
kev

pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

kevineaton77 wrote:hi, further to the problem i reported with screen blanking ,( see previous message in this thread) i want to add that ever since that problem occured, the remote PC has been having serious IE and Outlook issues, both hang very quickly and have to be shut down with task manager and restarted.

can you let me know if there is anything that might have caused this in your code? .....i need to fix this issue.
The screen blanking is part of the UVNC code. OneClick doesn't alter any of their code.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:
pgmoney wrote:I'll work on the passing of the URL on the command line to the creator problem next.
Do you have a fix for this yet?
It works OK here. what URL did you enter? should be in the format of http://
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:It works OK here. what URL did you enter? should be in the format of http://
Most times I run the creator with a URL on the command line, it thinks it has completed OK, but no OneClick.exe file is written. On rare occasions, it works as expected. I don't see any pattern, though.

I use hxxp://www.domain.com/pubftp/helpdesk/helpdesk.txt (prefix and domain name munged here).
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:Most times I run the creator with a URL on the command line, it thinks it has completed OK, but no OneClick.exe file is written. On rare occasions, it works as expected. I don't see any pattern, though.
Ok Thanks. I'll keep testing it and maybe even add some more command line options while I'm at it. Suggestions?
spm

Post by spm »

pgmoney wrote:Ok Thanks. I'll keep testing it and maybe even add some more command line options while I'm at it. Suggestions?
I don't personally need any new command line options (the URL is the only one I need), but I can't speak for others, of course.

I don't know if it helps re the current URL command line problems I have here, but maybe the following will aid in recreating my working environment...

1. I use the binary-only distribution (i.e., I manually copy the files to where I want them, rather than use the installer).

2. I have installed the files at a location like "C:\Data\xxx\UltraVNC OneClick HelpDesk".

3. I build the customer module via a shortcut which simply passes the helpdesk.txt URL to creator.exe. When it fails (as is the norm), the readme.txt file gets copied to the "Customer Modules" folder, but the oneclick.exe file is not created.

4. If I build the customer module interactively, the oneclick.exe module is created OK.

If it would help, I'd be happy to run with a debug version of creator.exe if you supply one.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

spm wrote:If it would help, I'd be happy to run with a debug version of creator.exe if you supply one.
Thanks, I'm doing a re-write of the command line code and will be in touch.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

The command line function has been fixed.

OneClick v1.8.2.2 is available at:
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

OneClick v1.8.3 is now available

If you use direct mode [DIRECT] and leave the repeater ID field empty (-id -plugin -connect...) it will now prompt the user for the ID code.

This is not compatible with a standard SC menu selection so only leave the -id blank if using direct mode.

It's a free download at:
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

I've added an area to the Advantig Forum for OneClick at

http://forum.advantig.com

Besides email, this should be used as the primary point of support for OneClick.

There is also a link to the forum installed in the OneClick folder by the latest OneClick setup program and on the OneClick page at

twist3r

Post by twist3r »

is there a way to disable the tray icon? also, could you add the tabbed ultra vnc listener? So that multiple computers can be controlled in one window. I like to use this to control some of my servers that have lots of removed services, thanks, I appreciate the work alot!

I've looked into

/silent or /verysilent
Suppresses either pop-up of dialog boxes or any GUI at all.

that the ultravnc installer mentions, but I can't get it to work... Maybe if someone else tried.

-twist3r
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

twist3r wrote:is there a way to disable the tray icon? also, could you add the tabbed ultra vnc listener? So that multiple computers can be controlled in one window.
I'm not sure where to get the tabbed viewer but I'll see if I can track it down. The winvnc SC does not support the same options as the full winvnc. When I get some spare time I'll see if I can get the SC source and add some of the features people have been requesting.

...tot straks
Last edited by pgmoney on 2006-11-18 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
pgmoney

Post by pgmoney »

OneClick v1.8.4 is now available

Added the ability to let the user skip the manual ID code so the same customer module can be use with or without the repeater.

It's a free download at:
spm

Re: OneClick with Safe Mode Reboot Auto-Reconnect & Serv

Post by spm »

Have just been playing with WebStart. First, it accepts only short URLs (max. 55 characters, it seems) - can you please allow unlimited length URLs, or at least, say, 256 chars?

Second, does WebStart allow downloads of the client app from a password-protected directory? Given the short URL limit, I have not been able to test with our real URL.
twist3r

Post by twist3r »

what would be the point of downloading the client app if that is what is doing the downloading.... maybe you need a program that will simply download the client app then let it download the config?

(I wish I could disable uvnc tray icon!)
spm

Post by spm »

twist3r wrote:what would be the point of downloading the client app if that is what is doing the downloading
For the very reasons that are documented for WebStart ...

"This allows your frequent customers the convenience of running the customer module from a desktop icon or while ensuring they are always running the most current version of your customer module."
twist3r wrote:maybe you need a program that will simply download the client app
That is exactly what WebStart is.
twist3r wrote:then let it download the config?
...and that is exactly what OneClick does (if you configure it to do so).[/code]