Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

UltraVNC 1.0.2 + Fix Test 1 and Test 2 online for testing

UltraSam
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Re: UltraVNC 1.0.2 + Fix Test 1 and Test 2 online for testin

Post by UltraSam »

Thanks.
I've you tried Test2 ?
UltraSam
wiesl

Post by wiesl »

UltraSam wrote:Thanks.
I've you tried Test2 ?
Yes, I've tried Test2 (see above).

Crash happens, too. What's strange: it only happens the first time. After a net stop winvnc/net start winvnc it works well.

Wiesl
UltraSam
Admin & Developer
Admin & Developer

Post by UltraSam »

Ok. Thanks again for your feedback.
UltraSam
OfficialGuest
Guest Account

Post by OfficialGuest »

UltraSam wrote:Thanks.
I've you tried Test2 ?
Yes. The same problem - after some time running window closes and subsequent attempts result in "Failed to connect to server !" message. Although remote PC works ok and response from other programs is also ok. I can't net start/stop it, because it is headless station. Usually I just reboot it.
OfficialGuest
Guest Account

Post by OfficialGuest »

At least once a week I was experiencing problems logging on to my remote system - no password dialog box, could only restart winvnc with a re-boot. I installed Fix Test 1 about 3 weeks ago and have not had a problem since. Many thanks for the fix :)

P.S. Love the guest account. Only 30 minutes have passed but my authorization email has yet to arrive.
kayaker

Post by kayaker »

Hi ;
I downloaded and installed 1.02 test1, I am using the MSRC4Plugin_NoReg.dsm. I tried to crash it by attaching to it without the plugin which I think made it crash. That did not make it crash. I then tried having it up on one computer and attaching with another computer, I now receive the error message "Failed to connect to server !". I don't really want to view it with two computers just give an error message to the second connecting computer that the server is busy and have the first attached computer keep working.
Thanks
OfficialGuest
Guest Account

Post by OfficialGuest »

OfficialGuest wrote: Yes. The same problem - after some time running window closes and subsequent attempts result in "Failed to connect to server !" message.
I've forgot to add that test 2 seems more stable, because sometimes I just can relogin if connection was dropped (i.e. server crashed) while with earlier version it almost always was connection error.
kieronh

Post by kieronh »

Hi,
We were experiencing daily problems with UltraVNC 1.0.2 running on Windows Server 2003. It appeared to be that after the first remote user connection to the server logged off, the WINVNC service hung on the server and wouldn't allow any subsequent vncviewer (V1.1.0.2)connections until the winvnc service was restarted.
I applied fix-test-1 to 4 of my servers and it has been stable now for a month (well done!).

I'm so confident with the fix that I'm arranging for it to be applied to my remaining servers.

Kieron
californiajeff

Post by californiajeff »

What problems is this attempting to resolve? I am running quite a few machines with UltraVNC 1.0.2.
Last edited by californiajeff on 2007-03-15 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
bim

Post by bim »

roytam1 wrote:As usual please commit the fixes to the cvs and/or svn. Thanks.
Is UVNC 1.0.2 in cvs? In which branch?
Last edited by bim on 2007-03-30 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
JLee

Post by JLee »

UltraVNC 1.02

I encounter this problem "Framebuffer update rectangle too large" very often. This usually happens when not connected to the remote computer using remote desktop and our IT says it has something to do with windows' autologin. I'm using java viewer (HTTP method) using IE or mozilla. The solution, though I'm not sure exactly what it is, is somewhere in the windows login system.

Usually, I would connect using Remote Desktop Connection to the remote computer to start-up UltraVNC, then connect using the java viewer. I would connect to the remote computer using the java viewer at this time with no problems. But when I disconnect Remote Desktop, java viewer will not recieve user inputs nor will it update the screen anymore. It is just like it is disconnected. When connecting again, the error will appear (Framebuffer update... error). I can only connect back with VNC if I am also connected with Remote Desktop to the remote computer. BTW: I need the VNC connection to test directshow functions on a remote PC, which would crash with Remote Desktop.
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

I've been constantly testing/fixing the VNC problems mostly because the problems were somewhat on my end.

I can get the VNC viewer to work on my end using loopback on the original VNC before adding Test1 and 2. I was getting framebuffer too large on the stable 1.0.2 test1 and test 2.

I didn't test the viewer.exe on test1 and 2 because I knew it worked on stable release 1.0.2 which I will revert to since service mode wouldn't work in test1 or 2 anyway.

I will most likely use the .exe viewer than the java but it would be neat/handy to have java access but this does not work for me.
c0bw3b

Post by c0bw3b »

Hello,

I have some troubles with UltraVNC 1.0.2 + MSRC4Plugin_NoReg : multiple connections or port scans would make WinVNC service crash. :/

Since I can't upgrade UltraVNC server right now, I would like to test those fix.
Is it still available somewhere ?