Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Nat2Nat + can not open new ports, is it possible to conect?

gaizka71

Nat2Nat + can not open new ports, is it possible to conect?

Post by gaizka71 »

Hi guys.

first of all I would like to thank you all for your work, have been using uvnc for the past year and it has been great help giving support to users within our own lan.

Now I had never looked at PcHelpWare before cos I did not need it but now we have people connecting to our applications from outside our lan and uvnc is not enough, I can not connect with them when they are behind a lan.

I am behind a lan myself and the problem I have is that I do not manage the firewall, I can not open any new ports, I have been using port 443 to conect to my pc at home cos it has a public IP address but when the pc I want to concect is behind a router I have to configure the router and I do not have access to it either...

the question is, is there a way of using PcHelpWare without opening any new ports?

Thanks a lot for your time

gaizka71
bevtech

Re: Nat2Nat + can not open new ports, is it possible to cone

Post by bevtech »

Well in your case you would have to use a repeater..
Try uvnc.com..

You can create your own repeater but it would have to be setup at a location that you can open ports and do port forwarding. A good place for that would be your home network..
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

Thanks a lot for your answer,

I have tried uvnc.com as repeater but....

as you can see I can not reach the ports....
bevtech

Post by bevtech »

wow.. One thing you can do is uncheck upnp but it seems that you are really behind a complex firewall that will not let the traffic outbound as well.

Another option:

Setup your own repeater using ports 80 and 443 and see if that will work. They can not block those ports..;)
Bevtech

Windows XP Home, Pro SP2, Windows 2003 SBS server SP2(EN), Windows Media Center Editon 2005,Windows Vista Home Prem.,Fedora Core 6,Win9X, PChelpware Rel 1.0,
UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

again, thanks a lot for your time.

I will try to set up my own repeter using those ports as you mention, but would using port 80 have any effect on navigation?

Thanks.
bevtech

Post by bevtech »

Using the repeater on port 80 on a home network would only effect webpages if you were hosting them. Most people do not have web servers in their home so you should be fine.. Remember there are two types of connections in TCP/IP inbound and outbound. Port 80 is mostly an Outbound connection in the web browsers..;)
Bevtech

UVNC V 1.0.8.2

User not developer..;)
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

just another question ;-)

the repeater must be set up on a pc outside our LAN? if not, which IP address hould I insert in the player the outside IP or the internal IP of the pc where the repeater is installed... my guess is that I can not set up the repeater on a pc with no public IP, is this correct?

Thanks a lot.
gaizka
mattice06082
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by mattice06082 »

the repeater must be set up on a pc outside our LAN?
I have my repeater set up on one of my PCs inside my LAN and it seems to work fine.
if not, which IP address hould I insert in the player the outside IP or the internal IP of the pc where the repeater is installed
Are you talking about the Host Repeater in the following figure? If so, you need to put your public IP address, but it would be better to put your DynDNS hostname. You can get a free account at http://www.DynDNS.com.

Image[/url]
my guess is that I can not set up the repeater on a pc with no public IP, is this correct?
Your PC can have a private IP address, you just need to refer to it in two steps. You connect to you public IP address which will get you to your router and then the router needs to port forward the traffic (default TCP port 5901) to the private IP running the repeater.
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

my guess is that I can not set up the repeater on a pc with no public IP, is this correct?
Your PC can have a private IP address, you just need to refer to it in two steps. You connect to you public IP address which will get you to your router and then the router needs to port forward the traffic (default TCP port 5901) to the private IP running the repeater.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your input.

I have a small problem, I do not have access to the router, as in I can not modify the rules....:-( to forward any port to any IP....
mattice06082
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by mattice06082 »

Oh, in that case the repeater would need to be outside your LAN. Have you tried using the uvnc.com repeater? There is a port 443 option in the repeater that you may be able to use.
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

mattice06082 wrote:Oh, in that case the repeater would need to be outside your LAN. Have you tried using the uvnc.com repeater? There is a port 443 option in the repeater that you may be able to use.
I tried using uvnc.com with the standard ports but could not connect, see attached captured image, but I did not try with port 443. Where do I have to indicate that port, in the viewer?

thanks
mattice06082
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by mattice06082 »

I don't use this myself, but I would start by selecting Use Https proxy in the above image. I'm not sure if you need to modify the Listen Port Viewer/Server as well.
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

Well, what do you think about this configuration,

I am using uvnc.com as a repeater and port viewer 80 and as port Server 443. Test the repeater and seems to work...

Now I have to
1.- "create the server"

2.- send the executable file to the pc I need to connect to

3. -"start"

and wait for the other pc to execute is this correct?

Thanks
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

Well,

I have done what I said, created the server, sent it to other pc, started my viewer and executed the server from another pc, got the login password screen and then these are the messeges I get

Start
Using Repeater
uvnc.com
ID:SValencia
Connect repeater success
Setting up encryption
Waiting for Viewer
Read Failed
Encryption failed, if using proxy, new repeater listenign to 443 (I can not see any more on this line)
Init Network failed

what am I doing wrong?
thanks
gaizka71

Post by gaizka71 »

OK
search function is fantastic

[topic=9164][/topic]

and I am not using 1234 as in

[topic=9171][/topic]

or is it that the repeater uvnc.com has crashed....

[topic=9088][/topic]

Can I do anything?

Thanks
Last edited by gaizka71 on 2007-03-14 15:47, edited 2 times in total.
mattice06082
Former moderator
Former moderator

Post by mattice06082 »

Are you using 123456 as your ID? Possible that someone else is using this since it isn't that unique.

I'd try it, but we use a proxy at work so I can't.

Actually, uvnc.com repeater may be experiencing some problems [topic=9337][/topic]. You may want to try setting up your own repeater outside your LAN.
Last edited by mattice06082 on 2007-03-14 16:30, edited 1 time in total.